Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Hi All

And a Happy New Year,

Still being new to this motorhome game and not having used it in winter yet my question is about heating, I have a Dethleffs Fortero 6915SG which has no fire but blown air heating through vents around the motorhome. im fine with how to use it and am aware that if im not on a hook up i am useing gas for the heating but also the electric fan for the power to circulate it. now i have two batteries if i have the heating on overnight will it drain them or do i need to buy a generator. how do you guys cope in bad weather. should i buy some thermals and a wooly hat. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

thanks in advance

:thumb:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi All

And a Happy New Year,

Still being new to this motorhome game and not having used it in winter yet my question is about heating, I have a Dethleffs Fortero 6915SG which has no fire but blown air heating through vents around the motorhome. im fine with how to use it and am aware that if im not on a hook up i am useing gas for the heating but also the electric fan for the power to circulate it. now i have two batteries if i have the heating on overnight will it drain them or do i need to buy a generator. how do you guys cope in bad weather. should i buy some thermals and a wooly hat. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

thanks in advance

If you are on hook up use an electric blow fire with thermostat, you are paying for the electric. The blow air should be ok if hooked up but could put a big drain on your batteries if not. When parked at home I use an electric greenhouse heater which has a low consumption and keeps the chill off.
Still buy your thermals and wooly hat, the heating may pack up.
Wiljoy

Upvote 0

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
hi wiskers,in a word yes,depending what amps your batteries are the bigger the batts the longer it will last.same as a torch.a genny is a must if no hook up,unless its just 1 night,then you run the engine to recharge the liesure batts,a genny only uses a fraction of the fuel your engine uses.hope this helps,its not a silly question its a learning curve.muz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Whiskers it all depends on how you use your van ? With a couple of battery's I would imagine you will get 4 days and nights without having to recharge the battery's either by hook up or going for a couple of hours run in the van.Our lasts at least 2 days (1 x 135 amp hr battery )but then again I use the van for running around to shops,site seeing etc, so never really gets flattened.Wait and see if you need to buy a genny/ solar pans etc, you may well find you do not need any rather than want one or all :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi All

And a Happy New Year,

thanks in advance

Happy New Year to you too -- see here:

Link Removed

We've gone days before but this is the first time I've really noted the voltage.

The heating is a Truma boiler running gas with electric blower.

Biggest problem is folk come to door, open door, heat does a runner.

PS If you think yours is a silly question you've not been reading enough questions round here !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back