Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

Can I ask a really silly insurance question.

We go to Spain for up to 3 months in the spring and the autumn. For the past few years we have had Saga Travel Insurance. (We also have full breakdown cover on the motorhome).

My question is - if we are not going on a plane; with an airline which might go bust; or in danger of being delayed, or of losing our luggage etc etc why do we need travel insurance?

Is there not some sort of insurance which will just cover us for what we need in a motorhome, eg medical, which will not cost an arm and a leg! and only be valid for up to 60 days???

Ginny and Mike

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Ginny and Mike, what if one of you becomes ill or has an accident injuring both of you ? Your travel ins would repatriate yourself s and your van ? Cover all the bases with ins,
We were once with a couple who were not married (but booked together) and the ins treated them separately leaving her partner to fend for themselves,all because they did not mention that they lived together and were not married :Eeek:
Tell them everything you require and then let them sort out the premiums from there :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hi,

Can I ask a really silly insurance question.

We go to Spain for up to 3 months in the spring and the autumn. For the past few years we have had Saga Travel Insurance. (We also have full breakdown cover on the motorhome).

My question is - if we are not going on a plane; with an airline which might go bust; or in danger of being delayed, or of losing our luggage etc etc why do we need travel insurance?

Is there not some sort of insurance which will just cover us for what we need in a motorhome, eg medical, which will not cost an arm and a leg! and only be valid for up to 60 days???

Ginny and Mike

I would say a very good question not a silly one
maybe the more experienced funsters would like to answer?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back