pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi the sealant joint between the windscreen and the top of the MH is looking a bit grubby and little bits missing is it just ordinary waterproof sealant i should get or something else
Pamie

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its polyurethane not silicon on vehicles. so not the same stuff you put round the bath etc

Upvote 0

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
if you have a toolstation near you they do it.......Premium quality one-part high modulus polyurethane sealant and adhesive that provides exceptional resistance to mechanical wear. Used in the engineering, caravan and marine industries and for sealing floor joints in ceramic installations that are subject to high traffic. Excellent chemical resistance.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
if you have a toolstation near you they do it.......Premium quality one-part high modulus polyurethane sealant and adhesive that provides exceptional resistance to mechanical wear. Used in the engineering, caravan and marine industries and for sealing floor joints in ceramic installations that are subject to high traffic. Excellent chemical resistance.(y)
Thank you for getting back to me we dont have a toolstation near us just had a look on Ebay is this what you mean --Polyurethane Adhesive & Sealant White PU Sealer Car Body Sealer White Adhesive 171237888749 sorry dont know how to add a link straight to it
Pamie

Upvote 0

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
sure some of the other funsters will come soon to help and tell you where else you can get the stuff from as well as toolstation and ebay.....(y)

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thank you for getting back to me we dont have a toolstation near us just had a look on Ebay is this what you mean --Polyurethane Adhesive & Sealant White PU Sealer Car Body Sealer White Adhesive 171237888749 sorry dont know how to add a link straight to it
Pamie
i am not sure i know that manufacturer
the industry standard is sikaflex, which is also available on ebay, but be aware it has a use by date and does set in the tube. adverts for cheap sikaflex usually mean it got a short shelf life

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
the industry standard is sikaflex, which is also available on ebay, but be aware it has a use by date and does set in the tube. adverts for cheap sikaflex usually mean it got a short shelf life
Thank you i will have a look
Pamie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pamie

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
is this what you mean Broken Link Removed
Pamie

Upvote 0

walter senior

Free Member
Jan 7, 2011
forgue aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
a clas iveco 29ft
Exp
Hi. i have used tiger. seal. it is what i have used to seal the windscreen on my motorhome and to seal 4. of the side windows and none of them leak and that was 3 years ago . walter.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back