Sikaflex (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Hi we (I) am wanting to glue a fiamma spoiler to the top of our roof to stop the rattles from our roof light on the overcab bed. Can anyone tell me which type of sikaflex we will need. I have seen mention of 252 but not sure. Our roof is aluminium (painted).

Cheers

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Just bought some 512 for my solar panel. It says on it it's for Caravans and Motorhomes and there's even a picture of a Motorhome on it with a solar panel on its roof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
How do you stop the stuff in the tube going off between uses. Mine always seems to go off after I have just used a bit.

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
I did try ringing sikaflex who said no to 512 I think as it's a plastic spoiler - at the time I didn't know what type but it's possible PVC? So they might advise me again tomorrow.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I did try ringing sikaflex who said no to 512 I think as it's a plastic spoiler - at the time I didn't know what type but it's possible PVC? So they might advise me again tomorrow.
Rough up both surfaces and clean with meths before applying any adhesive.

Deleted User
Fiamma advise using 3M 760 hybrid adhesive sealer. The spoiler is made from PVC.

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Fiamma advise using 3M 760 hybrid adhesive sealer. The spoiler is made from PVC.

Where do Fiamma advise that? The websites i have seen advise sikafkex but don't say which one. I know sikaflex holds our solar panel down but would also wonder if something else would be as strong?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You will probably find that Fiamma have a tie into Sika products which is why you will only find Fiamma quoting Sika products.
I bonded two lengths of aluminium of 30mm square box section onto the roof of our Ducato camper van with the Ever Build Stixall as I did not drill and screw into the roof. These were used to mount a roof box and that stays put at 80 miles an hour plus so I think bonding a wind deflector with it would not be a problem but at the end of the day go with what your happiest with.

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
You will probably find that Fiamma have a tie into Sika products which is why you will only find Fiamma quoting Sika products.
I bonded two lengths of aluminium of 30mm square box section onto the roof of our Ducato camper van with the Ever Build Stixall as I did not drill and screw into the roof. These were used to mount a roof box and that stays put at 80 miles an hour plus so I think bonding a wind deflector with it would not be a problem but at the end of the day go with what your happiest with.
Thanks will look into that. Sikaflex when I rang them today were a bit dismissive so not that happy with them!!

Deleted User
Where do Fiamma advise that? The websites i have seen advise sikafkex but don't say which one. I know sikaflex holds our solar panel down but would also wonder if something else would be as strong?
The instructions supplied with the spoiler indicated that 3m 760 should be used to adhere spoiler to the roof. I contacted Fiamma to ask about any alternative adhesive but they advised only use 3M 760. I had previously tried stixall but it simply peeled off the spoiler and did not adhere to it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back