Signature motorhomes, Preston (1 Viewer)

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Has anybody had dealings with this company? I am thinking of buying a pvc from them but thought I would check on here first.

Thanks

Ronidog

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
I know most of the motorhome companies around Preston, but it's not one I recognise. There are one or two small back street companies about, but tend to steer clear of them. Todd's from Lostock Hall are the best (in my opinion) around Lancashire

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I too lived near Preston and knew all the motorhome dealers in the area but it is not one I have heard about.
Another vote for Todds at Lostock Hall .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
I haven't heard anything bad about them. They have recently bought out Vantage motorhomes. Somebody on here suggested Signature to buy from instead another company in Newark as they both sold the same make of motorhomes & they rated Signature better.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Never heard of this one myself. We didn't buy from Todds only because they didn't stock what we were looking for. They were by far the best people to deal with. The other dealer we did buy from in Preston are hopeless in every way! The van is outstanding though.

GreenHell

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Lancashire Riviera
Funster No
MH
Looking for a new one
Exp
2013-2015
I have recently been to Signature Motorhomes to look at both Globecar and Adria PVCs. The Salesman was very helpful and they had a good selection of new and used PVCs. They certainly aren't 'back street' or anything like that. I'd give them a call to make sure that the van you want to look at is on their premises first.

When i'm ready to take the plunge on a new van i'll certainly give them chance to obtain my business :)

They share premises with the UK importer for Mastercraft Powerboats. Owned by the same bloke.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Todds were very good

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
As already mentioned, they are the company that now own Vantage Motorhomes. No problems with them from the Vantage side of things.

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I have been twice to them now and they seem to be good. They listen to your needs and try to meet them. They have vans on the forecourt and in the showroom. Seem to be good on price. Another forum member has bought from them and was pleased withe service.

I will try and update you when I get my van. Yes, I fell for the salesmans patter!

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
They were originally set up to sell IH Motorhomes, I think, at the time that IH tried using dealers. Think their background is in high level speedboat sales, now are Globecar dealers and has been said recently bought out Vantage. Good people putting their money into the industry, think you would be fine with them.
Bill

PWT

Free Member
Jul 4, 2018
Funster No
They were originally set up to sell IH Motorhomes, I think, at the time that IH tried using dealers. Think their background is in high level speedboat sales, now are Globecar dealers and has been said recently bought out Vantage. Good people putting their money into the industry, think you would be fine with them.
Bill

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
Is the above missing a comment.

I can update and sayI am very pleased with the van and after sales service provided by signature

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't like the way the called themselves Signature Motorhomes, when Signature Motorhomes had been trading successfully for many years before them :doh:

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
I know nothing about that Jim. I was just passing on my experience. Perhaps they should have stuck with their very high end boat range name...Mastercraft it has a ring to it:D

They sell Adria, Globecar and Adria homes plus trade ins

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
In February we put a deposit with Signature in Preston for a motorhome for June delivery ... just been told it will be September :(

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know nothing about that Jim. I was just passing on my experience. Perhaps they should have stuck with their very high end boat range name...Mastercraft it has a ring to it:D

They sell Adria, Globecar and Adria homes plus trade ins

Cant do either of them any good, but as long as they are so far apart and the Older Signature don't start selling Adria then I'm sure they'll both be OK.

PWT

Free Member
Jul 4, 2018
Funster No
I have been looking at various comments about Signature motorhomes Preston. i recently bought from them a 4 year old Adria Sonic Supreme. The vehicle had a series of small niggly problems that were flagged up when I agreed the purchase and some we found when we used it. We had agreed we would return it to have an awning fit and any problems would be dealt with then. It is with them at the moment and they are in contact with me regarding the various issues. To date they have been absolutely superb to deal with and have not questioned anything I have raised. As they are waiting for a part I don’t get it back until next week and will give my final views then but to date I am very happy.
I’ve only heard good things about Signature Motorhomes in Preston.

John.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Another good company to try is Motorlands, who have recently moved into new premises in Lythan St Annes. I can only give good comments about their service, both father and son are very knowledgable and willing to haggle. Well worth a visit.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
In February we put a deposit with Signature in Preston for a motorhome for June delivery ... just been told it will be September :(

They would have known your build week very soon after you ordered it.
I think they've sold your mh onto soneone.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have been twice to them now and they seem to be good. They listen to your needs and try to meet them. They have vans on the forecourt and in the showroom. Seem to be good on price. Another forum member has bought from them and was pleased withe service.

I will try and update you when I get my van. Yes, I fell for the salesmans patter!

I have been looking at various comments about Signature motorhomes Preston. i recently bought from them a 4 year old Adria Sonic Supreme. The vehicle had a series of small niggly problems that were flagged up when I agreed the purchase and some we found when we used it. We had agreed we would return it to have an awning fit and any problems would be dealt with then. It is with them at the moment and they are in contact with me regarding the various issues. To date they have been absolutely superb to deal with and have not questioned anything I have raised. As they are waiting for a part I don’t get it back until next week and will give my final views then but to date I am very happy.

You can . It only takes a couple of clicks . Cheers (y)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018

I would hope not ... we’re tied to school holidays as I teach and did not book anything else, thinking we would have our motorhome .... I’d feel quite bitter if that was the case!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would hope not ... we’re tied to school holidays as I teach and did not book anything else, thinking we would have our motorhome .... I’d feel quite bitter if that was the case!!

Go see them, tell them you have booked campsites and a ferry crossing. Personally, I would be asking to borrow a van for the summer holidays or wanting some compensation.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC

OTOH, depending on the vehicle ordered, it could just be production slippage at the factory.

My Ducato was originally scheduled for a build in Feb 2016, confirmed as I saw the print out. Factory delays crept in, to the point it was looking like I was going to have to accept a Euro 6 van. In the event, it went down the line in June 2016 with a E5+ engine and a VIN well into the E6 production range.

Recently heard of someone ordering a Ducato LWB with factory extras to their own spec, being quoted 11 months delivery from every dealer they've contacted.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
This was their original email ... I took it at face value but perhaps I’m too gullible ...

Hi

I have received a latest update regarding the arrival of your Globecar Campscout which has unfortunately informed us that they have experienced a delay in the in the supply of Fiat Ducato base vehicles and that due to this they are now not expecting the motorhome to arrive with us until late August/September .

I have spoken to SMC at Newark who are the sole importer of Globecar product to the UK and who supply all the UK dealers with the motorhomes regarding the situation and unfortunately they have confirmed to me the delay and that it is a situation that we unfortunately have no control over.

It goes without saying that we will supply the vehicle to you at the earliest opportunity that we can and we apologise on behalf of Globecar for this delay. I will let you know immediately should I receive any further updates from Globecar.

Kind Regards

OP
OP
R

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
If I remember rightly there were lots of delays to orders on Fiat Ducatos last year. There must be some problems in the Fiat factory. . My Euro 6 engine has had 2 recalls since last October which is in my opinion not good.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
This was their original email ... I took it at face value but perhaps I’m too gullible ...

Surely that's easy enough to confirm by getting in contact with Globecar direct? It certainly fits with what I've heard re delays in LWB van production outside of the motorhome market.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back