SIGN THE PETITION! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
The May edition of MMM there is petition and all of us should sign. Below is most of the article.

" Motorhomers petition for overnight parking area"

A new petition has been set up to urge the government to introduce dedicated overnight motorhome parking places. If the petition achieves over 10,000 signatures , the government will respond, 100.000 means that it will be considered for debate in Parliament.

Now, motorhomers and campervans are being urged to sign the petition that requests properly designated parking areas, rather like you might find on the continent, which would allow motorhomers to park during one-night stopovers.

To sign the
petition, go to:-

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/187743

colyboy

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I think this has been done before but I've signed it anyway. You never know, might do some good.

Paul

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Does petition include caravaner's..?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
If the 6 month run is correct it's been going since 8th/9th March, hardly breaking any records at 8½k but I've added my signature.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Another waste of time.
Even if it hit 100000 it only gives it the "considered for debate" status in the house.
Nothing would come of it.

Basically flogging a dead horse.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I think it might be better to write to local authorities and ask for such facilities. Some council's already provide overnight parking, Hawick is well known and there is also parking in many towns in Powys. Hawick is free but some other places charge.

I'm not saying don't sign but going direct to the people who can provide the services might give faster results. You could also give details of how much you usually spend per day when visiting. No town will provide a motorhome overnight stop unless there is an advantage to them.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We used Canterbury again on our way over to France - still provided an excellent value for money service - we got the bus in and spent money - so they are keeping motorhomes out of clogging up the city and getting a return on their investment/service? If other City Park & Rides did something similar this would be a good start?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Does petition include caravaner's..?

of course

So it includes caravans?

No then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not wishing to pour water on yer fireworks but no petition is going to make a jot of difference ..
Afraid I agree it's not going to happen , it's caravans and the attendant suspicion of who is them that has stopped this sort of thing before, and even if it was allowed , normal motorhomer are not going to get a look in for all the waste tarmac and trees littering the sites, but I will sign it , miracles do happen(y):)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It actually says motorhomes and campervans no mention of caravans and a good thing too they aren't designed for that sort of use.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The petition goes to central government whereas the parking regs are issued by local government so it will be ineffective.
IF, and its a big if, it were to happen central gov would introduce an act compelling local gov to provide the facility.

Thats only my opinion.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
It will never happen! There are plenty of sites available.

Dave

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Afraid I agree it's not going to happen , it's caravans and the attendant suspicion of who is them that has stopped this sort of thing before, and even if it was allowed , normal motorhomer are not going to get a look in for all the waste tarmac and trees littering the sites, but I will sign it , miracles do happen(y):)
Motorhomes are becoming a popular vehicle of choice among our traveling fraternity..... (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Motorhomes are becoming a popular vehicle of choice among our traveling fraternity..... (y)
Why oh why can't we get agrip of the law as in other countries, these things work there because any undesirables know if they get living on the Aires they will soon have a gun up their exhausts.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Councils are strapped for cash , so there not going provide and maintain such places
It won't happen and I very much doubt Joe public will want the council tax spent on such things .

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Too many people either don't want them and / or make excuses as to why they can't be provided, so it's unlikely the government will be interested... unless there are ways of making big money, no one will support them.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Strapped for cash but still able to provide this http://www.cordia.co.uk/News/2014/December/Glasgow-pensioners-enjoy-Christmas-lunch ( by invitation only). I for one would vote to knock this on the head and provide an aire !!!!!

“The Senior Citizens lunch is a wonderful way for the city to demonstrate the high regard it has for its elderly citizens who helped build and shape Glasgow"

Good idea, this is the sort of thing councils should be providing for their community.
But if the councils were to be serious about saving money, the first things to go would be the Mayors expensive cars.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
“The Senior Citizens lunch is a wonderful way for the city to demonstrate the high regard it has for its elderly citizens who helped build and shape Glasgow"

Good idea, this is the sort of thing councils should be providing for their community.
But if the councils were to be serious about saving money, the first things to go would be the Mayors expensive cars.
Since there appears to be no published qualification procedure, one could surmise some of them could have been on the dole all their lives!

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
So it includes caravans?

No then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not wishing to pour water on yer fireworks but no petition is going to make a jot of difference ..

Another waste of time.
Even if it hit 100000 it only gives it the "considered for debate" status in the house.
Nothing would come of it.

Basically flogging a dead horse.

I think it might be better to write to local authorities and ask for such facilities. Some council's already provide overnight parking, Hawick is well known and there is also parking in many towns in Powys. Hawick is free but some other places charge.

I'm not saying don't sign but going direct to the people who can provide the services might give faster results. You could also give details of how much you usually spend per day when visiting. No town will provide a motorhome overnight stop unless there is an advantage to them.

It will never happen! There are plenty of sites available.

Dave

Councils are strapped for cash , so there not going provide and maintain such places
It won't happen and I very much doubt Joe public will want the council tax spent on such things .
There was a time that I thought I would never be able to buy a motorhome but in the end I did.
I suppose I could have said at the time why bother saving up but decided to keep going.
Glad I didn't ask what my chances were on here :whistle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There was a time that I thought I would never be able to buy a motorhome but in the end I did.
I suppose I could have said at the time why bother saving up but decided to keep going.
Glad I didn't ask what my chances were on here :whistle:
Sorry don't understand your post, do you think it has a chance or not

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Sorry don't understand your post, do you think it has a chance or not
Well if we don't ask we definitely won't have a chance.
As with everything in history, it only takes one enlightened MP or high level Civil Servant to see some merit and make it their project to make change a possibility.
The growing numbers of MH owners could easily be seen as an opportunity for enlightened councils especially as they invest millions in regeneration of fringe areas to bring in shoppers and diners. A dedicated parking facility with water and waste would not be expensive as a part of such schemes. What we are lacking is some sort of voice as the clubs and commercial site owners have a vested interest in in not happening.
So yes with time I think we do have a chance of changing things

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back