Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
I've noticed that there is a little "give" in the shower room floor of our newly purchased 'van - is this normal, or could it be a sign of damp?

I looked for the most recent habitation check in the paperwork I received - and there isn't one! I've rung the dealer and he was most apologetic - says it was done and he has it, should have been with the 'van when I purchased and he will forward it to me, but in the meantime I'm panicking (just a little) Can anyone reassure me?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Every van we have had has had a bit of give in the shower floor. Never really thought about it..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The Chaussson had a tiny amount of "give" in the shower-room floor. The SunLiving doesn't. I thought the Chausson had less packing under the tray and the SunLiving has more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Touchwood

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Thanks, that's reassuring. Just me panicking I guess, ever since I read the section in the handbook warning against travelling with the flush tank full.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
You are not panicking but making sensible checks. I did not have a habitation check this year and you make me aware of my own lack of diligence.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Flexing may eventually mean cracking as in our shower tray but we had Speedcoat to put a coat on which saved having the the whole tray out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've noticed that there is a little "give" in the shower room floor of our newly purchased 'van - is this normal, or could it be a sign of damp?

It's very normal in here to read "how do I repair my shower tray ( if that is what you mean ). Best be sure now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back