Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Our alarm after working fine for the couple of years we have had the van, now only works correctly if the van is on EHU and switiched to vehicle battery charging. The suggestion clearly is that the vehicle battery is duff but it holds a charge between 12 and 13 volts for a month of so, we never have any trouble starting the engine which always turns over healthily and the alternator charges at over 14v. If I click the remote to activate the alarm, the central door locking works but we get an unending series of beeps from the alarm unit until I click it again to deactivate.

I'd be seriously grateful for any suggestions or thoughts.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jerry, if you Google "Sigma S30 alarm fault" you'll get over 10,000 results! Reading it seems to be common that the door sensors fail. Normally chirps from alarms are telling you something is wrong with a sensor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Sue, Eric you clever people, it seems to be a fob problem. One works, the other produces the fault. I have changed the battery but no change but will go out and buy a new one and see if that cures it. Many thanks.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One thing the sigma does is, upon first activation after it has been set off, let you it has been activated..
That is a series ( seemingly never ending ! ) of beeps.

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Renewed the remote's battery with a Duracell one and though it locks or unlocks the doors, it still produces the unending series of beeps. How can it talk to the van enough to unlock but not enough to set the alarm? I wrote to Sigma (can't remember their new name) but sadly once again, I have had no response in two weeks. Any idea clever folk?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back