Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The great Fritz Scheidegger lost his life around that time ? @olley

Just googled it, and it probably was him.

Scheidegger was killed while leading a race at Mallory Park hairpin in 1967. John Robinson suffered a broken leg and retired from the sport.

My Norton threw a conrod on the way home, came out the side of the crankcase.:(

Ian

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

Ian[/QUOTE]

They all do that kid ------- quoted to me by an old biker when my A7 did exactly the same

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
my matchless 750cc got smashed up the back . and I got pushed under a car. that was one way to finish a bike. smashed up by a tk Bedford.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The great Fritz Scheidegger lost his life around that time ? @olley

I was at the hairpin and saw it happen. It appeared that his brakes failed, he ran straight on into the banking at the back of the bend. John Robinson went straight up in the air and landed on the track, Fritz was thrown over the bank and landed on the walkway at the back. I believe he died from internal bleeding. The outfit continued running and was doing slow circles. As you can tell, it left a strong image in my mind. It was also around this time that Florian Camathias was fatally injured at Brands Hatch. I have a newspaper cutting somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

Ian

They all do that kid ------- quoted to me by an old biker when my A7 did exactly the same[/QUOTE]

65 and still being called "kid" Love it. :LOL:

Ian

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Brands quite damp track thought we had made a mistake with slicks but they came in at the end. Rear facing cam Jed at work.

Dont know whats gone on there!

Last edited:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I was at the hairpin and saw it happen. It appeared that his brakes failed, he ran straight on into the banking at the back of the bend. John Robinson went straight up in the air and landed on the track, Fritz was thrown over the bank and landed on the walkway at the back. I believe he died from internal bleeding. The outfit continued running and was doing slow circles. As you can tell, it left a strong image in my mind. It was also around this time that Florian Camathias was fatally injured at Brands Hatch. I have a newspaper cutting somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Florian Camathias once borrowed my mallet when we were camping in the paddock at Snett, those were the days, Chris Vincent, Pat Millard Colin Seeley etc......
The smell of Castrol R and frying bacon is still a magical smell for me.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Florian Camathias once borrowed my mallet when we were camping in the paddock at Snett, those were the days, Chris Vincent, Pat Millard Colin Seeley etc......
The smell of Castrol R and frying bacon is still a magical smell for me.

Only a total philistine would think otherwise !!

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Brands quite damp track thought we had made a mistake with slicks but they came in at the end. Rear facing cam Jed at work.

just had a tx to say this would now play. not so me thinks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Not sure if this will work my spin caused a bit of havoc, just got past these two, not for long though (2012)
thats a no then

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
1876_1026677620711976_6693627643023769509_n.jpg
:D

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Broken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedBroken Link RemovedJust popped up on my FB page I dont know this Team but I think they should buy a lottery ticket

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
How's young Mr Walker doing this year? I've seen nowt publicised.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
@Yorick I posted an update in walker to sidecars (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Oops. Can't find anything :(
Chris "Stalker" Walker
What a weekend!!! Fantastic start to our three wheeled campaign with a 6th place first time out in the awesome looking Santander Salt ZX10 engined LCR1000...!! A true Team effort and huge thanks to all the Team and especially our spanner man John Cable, the bike never missed a beat all weekendAlthough I'm under no illusion just how hard this result will be to repeat and even more so how hard it will be to find the remaining seconds missing to really challenge but that said it genuinely was one of the best feelings ever crossing that finish line with partner in crime Ashley Hawes in the Sidecar for the very first time... Ash and I only met each other on the Saturday but gelled instantly and started that bonding process only sidecar crews can share... For Ash to put his faith in me from the very 1st lap like he did is something hard to comprehend, especially knowing his pedigree (2012 World Champion) and my lack of it!!! His only complaint all weekend was the arm ache from all the waving!!The support we experienced was unbelievable and truly humbling, we had the lead crews from our team Peachy and Gary talking us through it, the Birchall Brothers working on the steering till 10 at night, tips from World Chamionship leader Tim Reeves, Shakey, Cooper, Hickman and the Boys all cheering us on from the Pit Wall, more marshals cheering every lap than in 2000 when Hodgson fell off!!! Not to mention the crowd who braved the elements each day to wave and urge us on... Absolutely amazing and Thank You‪#‎oldbutgold‬ #9
Can't wait for Brands!!!

British Superbike Championship Rst-moto Motul Ma

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back