Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I was just wondering if anybody has fitted one of these to their vans ,as I need to have to have a view looking down when reversing onto my drive as its very tight re. gatepost I have bought a kerb mirror but its enormous ,its truck size and after looking at how it should be fitted I am a bit reluctant to drill 4 holes in my A class I have a Waeco perfect view reversing cam fitted and could fit the new cam to the mirror housing hopefully,:) does this sound feasible ?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It sounds like a good idea that would work well. I'd use a single-hole fixing like the link below in a mirror housing.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Depends how 'permanent' you want it to be ... you could just stick on of these to your cab side window for when you need it ...

Or stick one of these onto your existing side mirror ...

If you do go down the camera route this would be better as you just screw it on below the mirror so no large hole to drill in the casing itself ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
I want to do exactly this, fixing the camera to my 'Mirror protectors'. But have yet to figure out how to feed the cabling through the arms of the 'Long arm Ducato' Mirrors

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
i have four cameras on my A class, the ones to the side are ball cameras that can be adjusted from straight out to 75 degrees back, i use mine for looking back like the door mirrors but with an wider angle,
the only come on when my indicator that side is operated, also can be left on if switched, this i do when travelling known tight roads like the loch lomond west road so i can fold in my mirrors,
another use is when approaching a T junction at a angle and you cannot see to the left very well then you can switch it on to check for traffic,

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi Ivoranthony, are those factory fitted? or did you do the work yourself? If you did can you elaborate a little on how to connect up to indicator etc? that would save fumbling for a switch!

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Right now I've got a Qashqai and it has the 4 camera all round vision system. Which is great when your reversing, but it's a lot of info to look at if it was all on one monitor and your glancing at it while driving normally.

My Waeco monitor has facility for three camera inputs, reversing, look backwards and a side camera which it switches to when the indicator is on, so I'm looking for a small camera to mount on each wing mirror and have a switch which will direct either one to the monitor depending which side of the road I'm driving on.

But I'd also like to get a four channel video recorder to connect the 4 cameras to so all views are monitored and recorded at all times. But not yet sure if that can go in parallel with the feeds to the monitor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back