Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
gulfstream montage does not need an MOT until next april but we are travelling abroad and wont be back until May next year, so decided to get one early. Failed on emissions (even on LPG) and no side indicator repeaters. not sure how it passed the initial registration!
went to the MOT station on LPG and was asked to switch to petrol, should I have driven there on petrol? leaving UK on Friday so not much time to sort out these issues.
any advice is appreciated

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It should have been tested on whatever fuel it was presented on.

Sounds like the tester didnt know how to reset his machine.

I have been asked 3 times what fuel i run on as the system defaults it to diesel even though its corrected each year, then its tested on LPG or petrol depending if the system has cooled too much for LPG.

Passes every time but i have yet to see the exhaust probe being inserted....same as the park brake test, does it work ?....yes.......its passed then.

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
thanks pappa john, he did seem out of sorts, it might be worth getting the emissions tested somewhere else, what do you think of the repeaters?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There are regulations on repeaters depending, i believe, on wheelbase and overall length

Over a certain distance repeater are required and every so far along that distance but i dont know what the dimensions are.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Personally I would go somewhere else on petrol and point out that it was registered without repeaters. If the law has changed so be it but they can't make you retro fit them.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry, my confusion......i thought you meant side marker lights.

Repeater indicators are required if the front lens cannot be seen clearly from the side....and slightly rearwards i think from memory.

So, if you have wrap-around front flashers it should have passed.
If you have forward facing flashers you need a couple of small rectangular surface mounted indicator lights wired into the front flasher lights or on to the spare pin on a 5 pin flasher unit.
Doing that they will light as the main ones go off but that doesnt matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
I am in Southsea Portsmouth and Internet is poor only just managed to get back here to thank you for your input
Looks like I will be fitting repeaters

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back