Side loading trailers (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Err, I think your getting confused with the older trailers, the ones where you had to flip a lever over to stop the overun brakes coming on , this trailer has no brakes as it’s way under 750kg, it’s still a normal trailer and you can easily reverse it without leaving the towing vehicle , doing the above only ensures it is impossible for the trailer to jackknife ,unlike other motorcycle trailers ( unless it’s the french twin towball type, but they are not a normal trailer going forward ) there are many motorcycle trailers of this design available in Europe , none of which can be purchase new in the U.K. as far as I know, mainly because there are no agents over here
I bought mine direct from the factory near le mans in France

View attachment 508829View attachment 508830View attachment 508831View attachment 508832
Quite correct. I'd forgotten they're under 750Kg.😊

Dec 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi
I have a hydrotrail for sale. It's never been used as sadly I can no longer ride a bike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Suggest yiu out it in the Classifieds as I can't remember seeing it.

hat004

Free Member
May 1, 2017
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers Van Co
Exp
Since 2013
You may wish to check the legality of using the Hydrotrail as they are not strictly a trailer as it is not articulated. This being the case the wheels on this unit would therefore need to have brakes operated through your vehicles braking system.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Hello
I am lucky enough to own a Sawiko Al-ko trailer. I am considering putting it up for sale purely because I will not be travelling this year. It has the extended back with a double bicycle carrier on it. Because these are such great trailers I have also modified it slightly and mounted a Thule storage box on the front A frame above the spare wheel. It is complete with a motorcycle ramp and the motorcycle front a rear wheel brackets, the tow-hitch locking bracket, the dual bike carrier with ratchets, the extending bike frame fold down securing posts, and the rear pull out posts under the frame should you want to stabilise the trailer when loading/unloading. It was originally purchased at a show in Germany, not by myself, but I have all of the documentation with it including the European documentation which provides the uprated towing speed. If you are interested please message me and we can start a discussion. Andy

Paulatportland

Free Member
Sep 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Knaus

Hodge01

Free Member
Oct 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer
For ages I been thinking of a scooter for the van. I was goi g to put it in garage but worrying about weight and fuel smells. I think a trailer best way to go.
I also fancy a non articulated transverse style with castor style wheels. I'm no good at reversing. I am aware of the hydratrail but tbh wheels look too small and it looks weak.
Any other suggestions please Thanks Paul

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
I had this concern too... but someone mentioned how easy it is to unhitch and push a Motolug trailer around ... and you know what ...they are dead right... i now find i can usually reverse ok but if i get in a situation where I'm struggling i just jump out...unhitch...push the trailer, almost able to do so with one hand its that well balanced...reverse the van ,then hitch back up....all takes about 60 seconds. so easy. Its a proper trailer too .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back