Side light fuse location fiat ducato 3.0 ltr (3 Viewers)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Help can anyone tell me where to find the fuse for drivers side sidelights on a 2009 fiat ducato 3.0 litre.
I cannot find it in the manual and have tested all fuses in the panels on the dashboard and on the engine.

Thanks

John

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Help can anyone tell me where to find the fuse for drivers side sidelights on a 2009 fiat ducato 3.0 litre.
I cannot find it in the manual and have tested all fuses in the panels on the dashboard and on the engine.

Thanks

John
Long time no hear... John.//

Cant help with fuses...

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Thanks

John
Believe some Ducatos have an additional fuse panel in the right door pillar but don't quote me! If it does, F58 seems to ring a bell (but so does Quasimodo!).

Edit : Just pulled this down off Fiat forum.
pg 180.

Attachments

• Ducato 250 Handbook 04-09.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,292
Last edited:
OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Believe some Ducatos have an additional fuse panel in the right door pillar but don't quote me! If it does, F58 seems to ring a bell (but so does Quasimodo!).

Edit : Just pulled this down off Fiat forum.
pg 180.
Yes it shown as an option in the manual and is not fitted on this van. Thanks

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
It seems that there are no fuses and that it is canbus problem. It seems that @Diabalo had a similar problem previously https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/sidelight-problem.68060/

I have recently changed the stop/side bulb so it may be something to do with that. I will try resetting the canbus by disconnecting the battery as this seems to be the solution from the previous thread.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We had a similar problem recently and to the best of our knowledge there is no fuse for the sidelights and it runs directly from the Canbus system (whatever that is). It was also after changing a stop / tail bulb that we had a problem. Take care to insert the bulb the correct way around (the bayonets are at different levels), however in our case the bulb had shorted internally and a new one was all that was required to fix the problem,

The Tincas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Its all fixed. I had put the new bulb in the wrong way round :doh: and the canbus took exception to this:crying:

Once the bulb was correctly inserted I disconnected the battery and left it for 30mins reconnected and the canbus had reset and all is working now.

Mar 12, 2023
Bridgend, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Bursner Solarno 690
Exp
since 2016
proof this site is worth it's in gold, just had nearside side lamps dead, check bulbs rear one gone, replaced it, still dead Oh dear. After reading through these threads, checked old bulb wattage (5 watt) the bulb I refitted was 10 watt system didn't like it.
Found a 5 watt bulb refitted and bingo all lamps working once more. No need for trip to Fiat dealer thankfully, however have had to order a new lamp cluster lens (the 740mm long thin one unique to Burstner) due to a previous unrelated incident. 6 weeks wait and £126 so have been doing a 3 dimensional jigsaw puzzle with superglue and bicarb of Soda -Back legally on the road for time being

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back