Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can anyone help? We have arrived in Sicily and have had a nightmare journey from the port to Naxos. I went on non toll roads and ended up going thru every village the Italians could possibly jamb into such a short drive. 2 hours to drive 50k. Can anyone advise me if there is anything to see here that justifies the hardship?
We like to see historical stuff like the roman ruins (although after being in Rome and Pompeii we are just about. Ruined out). We liked going around pompeii village, to see the volcano, and took a bus tour around the Malfie coast.
Before you tell me "depends what you want to see" I would like people to suggest things like when in Rome you have to see the colosseum , roman forum, fountain, Vatican, and sistene Chapel.
Normally we wild camp everywhere but this looks a lot harder to do here? We also tend to meander around and pick up sights as we go along, but I might have to put a bit more planning into this country.
Please just suggest places that you have visited and liked and must see things.
After this we are planning on going to Greece then head north up thru the Baltic Countries so you can include these in as well if you want.
Looking forward to your replies.
Colin

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry Colin, our knowledge of Sicily is limited to the Mafia (which the Lonely Planet phrasebook says you mustn't mention) and the fact they grow superior Lemons - sorry, that's it, but have a lovely time exploring anyway! xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back