Sicily in Autumn, Information re sites (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings all,

We (For that read I!) thought for a change that we might go to Sicily for the Autumn run up to Christmas.

Does anyone have any advice re the booking of sites, or is it a case of turn up and hope.

I have tried one site but it automatically stated that there was no vacancies for the period I requested. I have fired off a separate
email to enquire further.

From my experience of other places, the asking of availability on line usually results in a negative response. Am I unlucky
or is there a knack that I haven't discovered.

If there are any Funsters out there who could recommend a place i/We would be grateful.

Regards

Emmit

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Interesting we are booked on the Genoa to Palermo ferry at the beginning of September, so I will be interested in the results of this Thread.
Michael

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
middle east driver has been to Sicily for a couple of months, if he sees this thread he may have some answers but not seen him for a while on here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We were there in September, getting into sites wasn't a problem. The busiest was Camping Scarabeo but there was room for more after we arrived. This is busy because it is one of the best on the island. We only came across one really bad place, you can read up about our trip in the link below.

Post #88 on page 3 is when we arrive on Sicily. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and will go back.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
We did Sicily in October a couple of years back, no problems on sites that were open!! However many close around that time, so check!!! The weather was fine, we had nothing booked and just turned up, never had a problem. We stayed five weeks, then drove over to Materia and saw the Trulli houses. Returned via the east coast. Most sites closed but wild camped all the way. Italian roads are.....well they are. So we used Autostrada when possible. Most service stations have dump points and water FOC. Italy is wonderful for MH and we are going again in Sept.

Our planing is a copy of Lonely Planet a list of Unesco sites, ASCI card. Nothing booked apart from the outbound ferry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
We toured Sicily in October 2019 and it's full of rubbish and most camp sites were shut . unfortunately we had an attempted scam that we foiled a couple threw we think a paintball at the van and then demanded €200 for a damaged mirror on their car we stuck to our guns and once the police were called whoosh they had gone the police said it's fairly common with foreign plates.The country is however pretty .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back