Free Member
May 15, 2012
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift (grrr long story)
Exp
5 years
Hello, I'm new! I had been a member in the past but life got silly busy and things change. I was always more of an observer than a contributer though! Anyway I am also looking for advice. We (that's myself, the husband and two daughters 15 and 13) are off on hols in August, firstly calling in Alton Towers, then Manchester (these kids want to do an indoor sky dive????) and then Liverpool. Does anyone have any good suggestions on a nice area to stay in Liverpool - I'm happy to drive almost anywhere just don't fancy inner city parking so a public transport route is a must. We are also well equipped for wild camping so any suggestions would be great. We usually do Southern Brittany so I need all the help I can to make this trip appealing to me!!

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Iawn dioch

I for one would not consider taking a MH into the centre of Liverpool, having worked there and lived outside its not a good idea.

I cant suggest a 'safe' place to park, but no doubt someone will be able to tell you where...

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi and welcome from West Wales, cold one today isn't it? No idea about camping near Liverpool, but there are a few funsters who do, so I'm sure you'll get some suggestions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We visited Liverpool last year, stopped at Delamere Forest C&CC site and travelled in by train. The train station is next to the campsite, change at Chester.

Brisey.

OP
OP
A

angeh

Free Member
May 15, 2012
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift (grrr long story)
Exp
5 years
Thanks for the welcome. I had looked at that Delamere site, and think it is probably the best idea. I haven't used the motorhome since January so can't wait.

Thanks once again

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think locking wheel nuts are advisable in Liverpool::bigsmile:

:hardhat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Liverpool visit

Hello I think the best place for you to go is the caravan club site at southport its a short journey in by train and a good site I have stayed there many times, parking in liverpool can be quite expensive and there are no sites in central liverpool which is a shame as its a really good place to visit so much to see and do :roflmto: there is a c.c. site on the wirral another journey in by train/ferry :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back