Free Member
Jun 19, 2017
Holland
Funster No
MH
Fiat lmc liberty 6400
Exp
I'm a new to moterhome
Hi my name's Joanne I live in Holland, new to motorhomes .we have 1992 lmc liberty 6400 and need some advice about my shurflo water pump

OP
OP
Joanne55

Joanne55

Free Member
Jun 19, 2017
Holland
Funster No
MH
Fiat lmc liberty 6400
Exp
I'm a new to moterhome
Had the pump fitted new September 2015 used maybe four times .went away first time this year two weeks ago, pump running very quietly, but no water coming through, have checked filter,no kinks in pipes, checked diaphragm, water in tank ,pipes not blocked, any ideas what the problem could be

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Joanne55

Joanne55

Free Member
Jun 19, 2017
Holland
Funster No
MH
Fiat lmc liberty 6400
Exp
I'm a new to moterhome
No bother valves are shut ,there seems to be no power to sucking the water through, hence the pump running more quieter than normal ,been on shurflo troubleshooting sites but don't seem to have my problem listed

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If the pump is accessible I would suggest that you remove it and test it on a short pipe into a bucket of water and a good battery, also test by blocking off the outlet to make sure the pressure switch is doing it's job. If it performs ok then the problem lay on another part of the system. If fails to pump well then just replace it as it's out of warranty.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
if you have acces to a hose try back filling open all taps conect one to a hose when you have water at all taps turn of hose but dont close taps

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Remove the shower head, turn on cold tap and turn on pump.
Now suck hard on the shower hose.
Unusual for a diaphragm pump but may be air-locked.
Could also be a stuck open poppet valve in the pumps valve block allowing water back out the inlet valve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Joanne55

Joanne55

Free Member
Jun 19, 2017
Holland
Funster No
MH
Fiat lmc liberty 6400
Exp
I'm a new to moterhome
Thanks everyone for your help will try every suggestion this weekend, night shift this week, will let you know how it goes(y)

OP
OP
Joanne55

Joanne55

Free Member
Jun 19, 2017
Holland
Funster No
MH
Fiat lmc liberty 6400
Exp
I'm a new to moterhome
Hi everyone tryed all your suggestions but no luck ,took pump out hooked up two pipes in a bucket of water ,there is absolutely no suction on the inlet side of the pump checked again inside the diaphragm just doesn't seem to be anything wrong ,going to order new pump and hope it solved my problem, thanks everyone for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back