Shurflo Trail King 7 splutters (1 Viewer)

Mike Gibbs

Free Member
Sep 21, 2021
Hastings, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T28 / Nu Venture
Exp
Since 2004
The spluttering started some time ago and has been getting worse. So I took the pump home, took it to bits, cleaned lots of sludge out of it and checked all of the parts for wear or cracks and I found none although the beige coloured diaphragm had black stains which I could not remove. I put it back together and tested it (at home) without the filter and it still splutters.

I found that Hozelock tap adapters with the converter for small taps fits the pump's inlet and outlet perfectly so I'm fairly sure that the pipework isn't letting air in.

So, my question is: where on earth does the air get in?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Must be sucking it into the pump or pipe inlet side, no other explanation. The outlet is at 30psi so any holes in that water would be coming out not air in.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Check tightness of small.glass covered filter prior to pump. May be drawing in air as it is easier than raising water

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
The spluttering started some time ago and has been getting worse. So I took the pump home, took it to bits, cleaned lots of sludge out of it and checked all of the parts for wear or cracks and I found none although the beige coloured diaphragm had black stains which I could not remove. I put it back together and tested it (at home) without the filter and it still splutters.

I found that Hozelock tap adapters with the converter for small taps fits the pump's inlet and outlet perfectly so I'm fairly sure that the pipework isn't letting air in.

So, my question is: where on earth does the air get in?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.
Lots of sludge?
What exactly was this sludge?
I have never had sludge in my fresh water system, so interested to know exactly what it was that you found in yours.
Geoff

monkeybrand

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
40 years camping caravan and campervan
Check tightness of small.glass covered filter prior to pump. May be drawing in air as it is easier than raising water
This was the cause of exactly the same problem for me a little while ago. The "O" ring on the filter had twisted a little bit when the bowl had been refitted and caused the sputtering. once I had carefully replaced the bowl with the "O" ring level the problem was cured.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Lots of sludge?
What exactly was this sludge?
I have never had sludge in my fresh water system, so interested to know exactly what it was that you found in yours.
Geoff
Could be Vaseline , I've taken a few apart and found it on the diagram,maybe a fix before.

If it looks old and is playing up its probably better to change it...about 50 quid for a new one..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back