Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi fellow funsters, going to Shropshire for a few days , any good sleepyspots around, or cheapy sites, many thanks.:thumb::thumb::thanks:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Shropshire's a big county - do you want to narrow your requirements down a bit?

The was a motorhome overnighting on the car park of the Woodbridge pub at Jackfield near Ironbridge when we were there on Tuesday.

Might be worth giving them a call if that's the right area for you - it's in a lovely spot overlooking the river about a mile from Ironbridge. Just be sure to approach it from Broseley as there is a very restricted bridge from the direction of Telford.

Link Removed

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
stanmore hall caravan park in bridgnorth is supposed to be very good, not sure if expensive though. Small campsite in much wenlock, beautiful little shropshire village.I have spotted caravans just off the a442 Bridgnorth to telford rd, mayb a cl site? on the right towards telford just after Norton.Also a cl site on the rd from bridgnorth to much wenlock, on the right, not sure of the name but its signposted!!!! hope these are of use, if i had a spare field you could have stayed at ours!!!!!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The Wingfield arms has a very good site and the bus to Shrewsbury stops outside.
Link Removed

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, I went to Stanmore Hall and can recommend it nice site with excellent facilities and only a short distance in to the lovely town with its old style market and castle and fine pubs :thumb:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Any idea whereabouts in the county you want to head for.

The east is interesting - Coalbrookdale, Ironbridge, Bridgnorth etc
The north is flat
The south and west is beautiful, hilly, secluded and remote.

All three areas have good spots - I can let you know of some good wild camp opportunities in the south.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We're going to Market Drayton and newbie funster bought my 16" steel rims, so I thought we would go go around Shropshire as we never been round that way, the south of the county sound like our type of place, many thanks to all that answered:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back