Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Can anyone suggest anywhere in Shropshire with EHU, that is dog friendly, and within walking distance of a pub? Would prefer somewhere to wander around, ie shops. We are hoping to go this weekend

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you're in Shropshire and have any sense of nostalgia, don't miss The Land Of Lost Content at Craven Arms - quirky and utterly unique. Also unusual - Hawkstone Park.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just back from Severn Gorge Park as posted by Dave, nice quiet site on hardstanding a short walk to the pub, bus stop at the end of the road and Travelworld just a mile away, also dog walking.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Oxen Hall Touring Park Shrewsbury,excellent site,plus park and ride and chinese take away.
Brian and Jo

OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Thank you for your suggestions. We are 'Newbies' and still trying to get our heads around making sure we pick the right spot, to satisfy our requirements, which we would imagine are similar to those of a lot of Motorhomers. Obviously I have looked on here, and have joined CCC, but would be grateful if you could suggest any other websites etc which show'motorhome friendly' places ie ones where cars are not needed.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Julie and Rod

Use the web site suggested by Janine or use the CCC and then put the details into Google Earth to see where it is and show bus stops etc, you can even check the approach roads if you have a big unit.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The Caravan Club website tells you if there's a bus stop within 1 mile of the campsite. It doesn't however actually distinguish whether it's actually adjacent or 1759 yards away ! You would need to ring them, but once you know which area you want to visit - ring em and ask!

You know Severn Gorge - does the bus actually go tp Blists Hill ? cos if I had to walk 1.5 miles as my starter for 10 I'm afraid I'd be knackered before I got there LOL

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
On our list to try in Bridgenorth, so no experience
http://www.theriversidecaravanpark.co.uk[/QUOTE]

I think Riverside are stretching things a bit when they describe it as being 'within easy walking distance' of Bridgnorth. It's in a nice location, though and Bridgnorth is worth a visit - plenty of places to eat and drink, and an attractive high street with a Saturday market.

OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Once again, thank you all. This really is a fantastic forum, with everyone so helpful and friendly.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Just noticed you are in lichfield, just up the road from us

Why not try

http://www.wharfcaravanpark.co.uk

Great food ( need to book to guarantee table) right on the canal for dog walks, nice easy run about an hour, friendly staff, large enclosed field to let dogs off to run. May be a bit remote as no shops but definitely one to try to get away from the rat race.

Or here

http://www.redlionfarm.co.uk

Easier run, dog walk up the old Stafford to Newport railway, convenience store at the end of the road, coffee shop and ice cream parlour on site, bus to Telford or stafford from end of road. Really friendly owners, one of our favorites

Adrian

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It's in a nice location, though and Bridgnorth is worth a visit - plenty of places to eat and drink, and an attractive high street with a Saturday market.

...and we've got 23 pubs (y)

The Riverside site is a good walk from the town centre albeit a pretty one.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Ludlow Touring Park, it has an adults-only area. It also has a good shop & very nice facilities block. It belongs to Morris Leisure (like Oxon Hall) so it's not the cheapest around. The walk into Ludlow is about 2 miles along quite a busy road, but it has a nice wide footpath most of the way. Ludlow is a fantastic town with a beautiful castle.
http://www.morris-leisure.co.uk/caravan-parks/ludlow/overview.htm
And then don't miss a visit to Stokesay Castle (which isn't actually a castle, but the well-preserved ruins of a medieval manor house) - absolutely fabulous.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Not to be recommended in my opinion! Feral kids running amok, very noisy !
That wasn't the scene when I went. Are you sure it is the same one that used to be run from the pub when it was The Montford Bridge?

OP
OP
Julie And Rod

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Just returned from a smashing weekend at Oxon Hall. Many thanks for the suggestion. Although a little pricey (£48 for 2 nights) the site was great. Immaculately clean and warm facilities, large Co-op, cChippy and Chinese next door, and pub close by. Went into Shrewsbury from the park and ride next door (bargain at only £2.50 for the 2 of us) and had a fabulous meal at the dog friendly 'Armoury pub on the river. You seasoned Motorhomers, certainly know how to pick em!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back