Rally Shrewsbury Vintage Show 29th June 3 nights (1 Viewer)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@funflair hi martin paid jan going from Stoneleigh rally to Shrewsbury if any one wont's to they can go early all you have to do is phone jan and pay for the extra nights ray xx lol sill lol dilly dilly :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair hi martin paid jan going from Stoneleigh rally to Shrewsbury if any one wont's to they can go early all you have to do is phone jan and pay for the extra nights ray xx lol sill lol dilly dilly :cheers:
Thats correct Ray, its all money to the showground so they don't turn folk away, arrive early leave late or both(y) I think we will be in on the Thursday but Jan will point any early arrivals to our parking area and you can bag the best pitches:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Depends how the garage area is going really Martin, Ive been having hassle hassle with the retaining wall. If we cant come in Mh will certainly pop in as day guests.
Will be good to catch up Jon, might even invite ourselves to the site, will bring our own hard hats.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair is Gravel Lane the only way in and out ? :unsure:
Yes apart from over a field and through a farmyard that we had to do a few years ago when it was flooded on Gravel Lane, plenty of RV’s been down it and there will be wagons with traction engines on the back so don’t loose any sleep.

I will be putting a map up soon,

Martin

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Interesting , not worried , looks like its going to be a one way for some :LOL:

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
OK folks, this is my list so far and it's time to part with money.

I have informed Jan that we are starting to pay so can you please contact her at the office £10 per night no electric £15 with electric and she will take £10 per person for the show ticket/bands which is for two days Sat/Sun, we will issue the bands as you arrive.

OFFICE number 01743 289831 they don't usually start answering the phone till about 10 so you can all have a sleep in(y) make sure you give your forum name.

Martin

1. @funflair
  2. @daveandsan
  3. @bungy
  4. @rb62
  5. @Chocy boy
  6. @G7UXG
  7. @Pete-Jay-Sophie EHU
  8. @Bernie8
  9. @dabhand
  10. @Neckender EHU
  11. @Bulldog Boxy EHU
  12. @Elvis1709
  13. @haganap
  14. @drago35uk
  15. @Silkcut1105
  16. @swanseajack13 EHU
  17. @Lofty1 with EHU
  18. @mandycape with EHU
  19. @tacr2man with EHU
  20. @Cruisejunkie
  21. @Janine
  22. @beerdrinker1
  23. @SteveandDenise
  24. @hillbilly 1
  25. @DLT with EHU
  26. @Paul and Kate
  27. @dingdong
  28. @KayeB
  29. @Ann hart

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Hi Martin,
How do I pay? Sorry - out of practice! Just re-signed with Fun!!
Steve

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin,
How do I pay? Sorry - out of practice! Just re-signed with Fun!!
Steve
Hi Steve

I have put you on the list, you need to call Jan in the showground office
and tell her you are with motorhome Fun and give her your forum name.

Oops sorry you were already on the list(y)

Martin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No problem Andy plenty of room and will be good to catch up.

Martin
Seems I jumped the gun and forgot wifey isn't retired until late July so a bit far for just two nights and late Friday arrival at that. Looking forwards to beyond that (y) thank you

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK anybody turning up early @swanseajack13 @SteveandDenise I won't be there to park you up so you are "on your own" Jan or Ian from the office will point you in the right direction if you are first in, if you are not on electric please don't park too close to the points and stop others using them otherwise just pick the best spots:LOL: and keep the regulation 6 metres distance(y)

This is the plan of where we are going, if you come in at gate 2 and keep straight on you will find the office on your right hand side, closer to the show start we might be using a different gate.

Vintage - Site Map.jpg

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK here are the directions for getting to the West Mids Showground SY12PF Gravel Hill Lane should work in your Sat Nav, but its worth familiarising yourself as if you miss the turning from the North A528 you will be faced with the low bridge on Cross Street which a lot of you would fit under but its not really worth the "brown trouser" moment finding out and you will light up the low bridge sign.

If you follow the A49 and then A5124 and then make sure you use the A528 as it saves you getting snarled up in the town if you followed the A5112 (this would still miss the bridge though so no panic)

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 17.34.41.png

The X mark cross street where you don't want to be,

IMG_1847.PNG

The right turn onto the B5067 Berwick Road is the one you don't want to miss so watch for it just after you around the nasty little roundabout (not on my CoPilot map?) and over the railway (bridge not lines), after the turn it's just keep left and onto Gravel Hill Lane with the flats on your left hand side and you will see the showground and the entrance on the left, the gateway is set back in a wide entrance so OK for big vehicles.

When you leave make sure you go the same way as turning right at the end of Berwick Road puts you under the bridge and the low bridge lights will flash and you will wet yourself.

Below is an alternative for anybody who really wants to approach from the West but you need to leave by turning left at the end of Berwick road onto the A528.

IMG_1846.PNG

You can come in this way as you are going the right way on the one way system BUT you can NOT leave the same way without going under "the bridge" the sign will most likely flash at you but keeping in the left lane is OK.

Martin

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
OK anybody turning up early @swanseajack13 @SteveandDenise I won't be there to park you up so you are "on your own" Jan or Ian from the office will point you in the right direction if you are first in, if you are not on electric please don't park too close to the points and stop others using them otherwise just pick the best spots:LOL: and keep the regulation 6 metres distance(y)

This is the plan of where we are going, if you come in at gate 2 and keep straight on you will find the office on your right hand side, closer to the show start we might be using a different gate.

View attachment 235514

Martin
Sorry for ignorance, but how do I pay?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back