Rally Shrewsbury Vintage Show 29th June 3 nights (2 Viewers)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
A big thank you to Matin and Jen. ( We do hope your Mom is OK ) They organised and marshalled this great event. Put us down for next year.
Steve,aka Elvis, and Anne, aka Pricilla. for the great entertainment they gave us, all for a good cause.
Also to all the great funsters who make these meets so much fun. John & Jackie.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
what the hell is going on in this club @Jim some english t@@@ put a english flag on my flag pole and removed my welsh flag this can not be allowed please find out who it is and send that t@@@ to coventry or i will leave the club and join m/h fact i need a urgent action on this jim with in 7 days i thought this was a club that had respect for other funters things ray xx lol still lol dilly dilly never forget your welsh :moon2::moon2:he can :lips:my :moon2:
Jim don't send anyone to Coventry, I will pay Rays subscription to Facts.(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks to the people that have been asking about Jen's mum, I promised an update so here it is,

Still in hospital but loads better thanks to antibiotics and oxygen, they are treating her for Pneumonia or Bronchitis as the can't make up their minds but the treatment is the same so it doesn't matter.

Martin

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Hope she makes a full recovery. Best wishes to Jen.
Steve & Anne

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks @funflair Martin and Jen for a great weekend, glad to hear Jens mom is on the mend.
Thanks to Elvis for the entertainment, all for a good cause.
Great to meet up with old friends again and also meet new ones.
Sorry that Simon @dabhand has got me into Gin again, I had forgotten how refreshing a drink it can be on a summers evening.:)
Dave & Sandra.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
It's still nice to see funsters still chillin out also big thanks to Martin and Jen. Also Steve and the very talented Denise for a fantastic bit of music we had a great time brilliant

Attachments

• 20180630_192956.jpg
    20180630_192956.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 28
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Brilliant meet, brilliant weather, great company, plenty of beer :drink::drink::drink: :drink:etc . . . what more can you ask for !!!!!!!!!, the Vintage Show was beyond my expectations, so many sections, selections and fascinating vehicles, took me the full two days to get round most of it !!!!,

Many thanks to Martin for organising it, and thanks to all fellow Funsters for your great company and entertainment, look forward to a repeat performance next year

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
Well what a weekend elvis buddy holly cliff richard billy fury vintage cars tracters trucks old campers and caravans and a few vintage funsters and great company a big thanks to all and especialy the dragon men and the young lady on the acordian oh and her backing player looking forward to next time:D:)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am really pleased that so many people enjoyed this rally and the Vintage show, the only reason I organise these meets is for people to come along and have a good time, of course we all have a different view of a good time.

It was fantastic that Elvis wanted to entertain us and benefit a good cause at the same time, I saw Funsters helping each other out with a ladder some jump leads or just a bit of advice BUT and it is a "big but" I also saw and heard reports of another side of Fun that I am upset, ashamed and disgusted by, I will be careful to not name names or point a finger as I was not there as a witness and what I know is only from some several independent witnesses, I have heard "disrespectful" "yobbish" "juvenile" "rude" as a description of the actions of some people and I don't think any of those terms should be associated with a Motorhome Fun meet and certainly not one that I am running, I am sorry to put a dampener on this thread but that is what some people did to this meet and to the experience of some of our new members on their "first time".

I will stress that it was certainly not the majority and most people will not even be aware that anything happened BUT anybody who was involved I think that you will know and it's on your conscience, yes it's Motorhome Fun but that is no excuse for what happened as it was not fun.

Apologies for the rant.

Martin

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@funflair you can point the finger at me swanseajack ray I have read your thread and you contradict yourself in the thread (I also saw,as I was not there)and I have a very clear conscience about what went on I always make new members welcome ask them where they got the funster sicker from and next time we go to a rally the sign will go like this LEARN from yesterday, LIVE for today, HOPE for tomorrow.and PARTY TILL LATE ray dilly dilly I hear COVENTRY is nice this time of year :drink::drink::party2:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair you can point the finger at me swanseajack ray I have read your thread and you contradict yourself in the thread (I also saw,as I was not there)and I have a very clear conscience about what went on I always make new members welcome ask them where they got the funster sicker from and next time we go to a rally the sign will go like this LEARN from yesterday, LIVE for today, HOPE for tomorrow.and PARTY TILL LATE ray dilly dilly I hear COVENTRY is nice this time of year :drink::drink::party2:
Yes Ray I spotted that contradiction when I posted but thought I might get away with it:LOL:

Just for clarity my views are all based on second hand information “I was not there” which is why no fingers are being pointed.

Martin

Edit, and you misquoted me, I did see some things actually but my views were based on other people’s reports which is what I said

Last edited:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@funflair martin you can please use my name as one of the FUNSTERS that night and I am sure other funster that were there will be along shortly with their names ray off to the pit of misery for having a good time :party2:look there they are

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004

What’s a funster sicker.

John.

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Another excellent rally, thanks Martin for a great weekend, pity about the mozzies. Nice one.

Howard

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi again Funsters,
Back home now after the show which we really enjoyed. Well done Martin on a very good Rally and for your hard work in organizing it. Glad everyone enjoyed our "impromptu" Elvis and Buddy music shows. The Funsters never cease to amaze us with their generosity. Our collection after the shows was a total of £96.20 for which we are truly grateful. Cancer Research will be even more appreciative and once we have a letter back from them, I will post it onto the Forum. Great to meet new Funsters and to see our lovely friends again.
Steve and Anne.

Well done Elvis... great work...

Now please tell me, I am dying to know...

Did you finished with your version of "Bluemoon"? (y)

JJ :cool:

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
YeahThanks! Do you know, I've never sung the Elvis version of Bluemoon! As a City fanatic I will put that right next show I do.
Cheers JJ

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Thanks to everyone who contributed to The Elvis Night at the Shrewsbury Vintage Rally. Its been a while, but we have had a letter from Cancer Research thanking us for the sum of £96.20 raised by your kind donations at the Show. From me and Anne also, many thanks, and look forward to doing another Elvis Show sometime soon.
Best wishes and thanks
Steve & Anne
upload_2018-8-9_15-23-58.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back