Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Lovely sunny day here in Shrewsbury. We're ready for you, come on, get on the road. We have the Queen tribute tonight.. :thumb:

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm having a good time)
I don't want to stop at all

Wishing you all a fabulous time and hoping the weather stays clement for you all.

Hopefully we will join you at some point this year xxxx perhaps even with a name change - you might need to get the badge maker out Jim hehehehe

Have fun and safe journeys xxxx

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Feeling a tad hungover from the Last night of the proms here in Shrewsbury, Thousands all waving union flags and singing along to those old fave's, then the concert ended and in a short time fun had the whole place to themselves so we put on our own concert that went on into today.

:party2: What a great night, pics to follow :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Feeling a tad hungover from the Last night of the proms here in Shrewsbury, Thousands all waving union flags and singing along to those old fave's, then the concert ended and in a short time fun had the whole place to themselves so we put on our own concert that went on into today.

:party2: What a great night, pics to follow :Cool:

And very many thanks to Jim, Sian and others who put such a lot of work into erecting a large tent, setting up benches and generally making sure everybody had a really good time without getting too cold. I think you thoroughly deserved a few Bush Mills!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Great weekend everyone, thanks to Jim and Sian and all the others who chipped in.....
Had to leave early for other commitments,,,
"case packing" for Spain ::bigsmile: BUT I aint gonna rub it in.. :Cool:

See ya all..

Last edited:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Home safe apart from having to stop all the traffic abruptly to allow a duck and her 8 little ducklings waddle single file as they do, to cross the motorway. :Doh:

Arrived home to a mini heatwave that lasted about 20 mins.

Brilliant meet as usual and a camera stick full of memories.

Thank you Jim and Sian and all you fab Funsters!

Andrew and Carol

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Best journey home we.ve ever had so I take back some of my moaning. Thank you Sian and Jim, we had a wonderful time last evening but I feel the rendition of "two little boys" was a bit too far. Bushmills was excellent. Thank you all.

Gary and Lynnette

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Thank's for the great Rally Jim & Sian, loved last night at the Proms and all the singing - Catch up with you soon Tony & Perri x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Fantastic meet. thanks to Jim and Sian for Marshalling for the coffee and cake and providing shelter from the showers of rain on the evening of the proms.
Also a big thankyou to all funsters the atmosphere was fantastic :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you Jim & Sian for marshalling another great Funster meet. The Queen tribute band and the Last Night of the Proms provided superb entertainment. The Funsters did what they do best and had lots of Fun.

Brisey & Pamalaaar.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:thumb: Great rally, great entertainment, great company, great Chinese banquet:thumb:

:clap:Thanks to all who made it that way.:clap:

:cry:Typical British summer weather though:cry:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks Jim & Sian for all the organising. Great to meet so many funsters and thanks to everyone who offered help after I managed to fall out of a motorhome and damage my foot. Shrewsbury ambulance service & A&E were brilliant! Foot is now a very attractive shade of purple and I've had to change nail varnish colour to avoid a clash. Could have been worse.
Cass & Holly (as in avatar) also loved meeting everyone.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Jim n Sian for yet another wonderful "fun" meet... and to all the funsters old and new , what a great event this is :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thoroughly enjoyed both the Queen's tribute and the Prom's nites, the weather sorta behaved itself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dug

May 28, 2011
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
ducato maxi tdi 24'
Exp
Many thanks to Jim and Sian for a really enjoyable 1st funster meet:thumb::thumb: ,any recently joined "newbie" funsters can take it from me that there's no need to be apprehensive as the guys n gals (and dogs ,cats and the occasional parrot) are a really nice bunch,so make the effort as we did and go to a meet/show.
Thanks again to Jim for the lend of his mini compressor and to ?????? 2000 (sorry forgot handle) for the loan of an emergency puncture thingy,which wasn't needed luckily.We came back via hereford on A roads in case the tyre went flat again,and had a much smoother journey than the M5 M6 up,the tyre is still holding pressure 3 days after reinflating from about 20psi to 80ish psi,strange that ! I am taking it in for a slow puncture/seal/valve check later this week just to be sure.
As to Queen and the Proms...Most enjoyable....And also the show(although i must keep the other half away from 5th wheelers)as she really took a shine to them:Doh:.I found Shrewsbury a really nice place with lots of interesting buildings and little alleyways to explore.
Have Fun ,Dug.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back