Rally Shrewsbury New Year 2019 - 2020 (1 Viewer)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Did everyone manage the bridge height as our van with dome is taller than our previous one.? Thankyou

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Don't go under the bridge Anthea at least that's what Ambilkate says and they live here. Can you put avoid bridge on your sat nav.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
... Reading the thread I shall be packing darts!
Sorry people. The dart board is one night only and will come down tomorrow to make space for the musicians.

It a Heath Robinson assembly to protect the walls.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
yes i can see it thanks. i can pop over tomorrow and bring my wifi iboost to check your settings if you dont mind, so i can see if i am doing anything wrong. we are the ones you spoke to yesterday re your van being a 2014 and ours a 2015 - a bailey autograph parked right in front of the entrance to the club room !

Dave
No problem Alan

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Did everyone manage the bridge height as our van with dome is taller than our previous one.? Thankyou
20191229_135835.jpg

If you zoom in on the sign, you will see the low bridge is 20m - even we got under that ....... :xrofl: :xrofl: :xrofl:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Anthea it’s best to avoid the town and come in from the north but in saying that if you come through the town it wont be a problem as it doesn’t take you under the low bridge.
Its on the way home the problems arise, when you come out of the show ground and come up to the traffic lights do not turn right that will take you to the low bridge and it’s a bugger to try and turn round.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Anthea it’s best to avoid the town and come in from the north but in saying that if you come through the town it wont be a problem as it doesn’t take you under the low bridge.
Its on the way home the problems arise, when you come out of the show ground and come up to the traffic lights do not turn right that will take you to the low bridge and it’s a bugger to try and turn round.
Thankyou Dave we are coming from the north!

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Have found funflair old post if anyone is worried about the low bridge.

OK here are the directions for getting to the West Mids Showground SY12PF Gravel Hill Lane should work in your Sat Nav, but its worth familiarising yourself as if you miss the turning from the North A528 you will be faced with the low bridge on Cross Street which a lot of you would fit under but its not really worth the "brown trouser" moment finding out and you will light up the low bridge sign.

If you follow the A49 and then A5124 and then make sure you use the A528 as it saves you getting snarled up in the town if you followed the A5112 (this would still miss the bridge though so no panic)

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 17.34.41.png

The X mark cross street where you don't want to be,

IMG_1847.PNG

The right turn onto the B5067 Berwick Road is the one you don't want to miss so watch for it just after you around the nasty little roundabout (not on my CoPilot map?) and over the railway (bridge not lines), after the turn it's just keep left and onto Gravel Hill Lane with the flats on your left hand side and you will see the showground and the entrance on the left, the gateway is set back in a wide entrance so OK for big vehicles.

When you leave make sure you go the same way as turning right at the end of Berwick Road puts you under the bridge and the low bridge lights will flash and you will wet yourself.

Below is an alternative for anybody who really wants to approach from the West but you need to leave by turning left at the end of Berwick road onto the A528.

IMG_1846.PNG

You can come in this way as you are going the right way on the one way system BUT you can NOT leave the same way without going under "the bridge" the sign will most likely flash at you but keeping in the left lane is OK.

Martin

Martin and Jen

Seasons greetings and best wishes for safe travels in 2020
Broken Link Removed Quote Quote
Broken Link Removed

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have found funflair old post if anyone is worried about the low bridge.

OK here are the directions for getting to the West Mids Showground SY12PF Gravel Hill Lane should work in your Sat Nav, but its worth familiarising yourself as if you miss the turning from the North A528 you will be faced with the low bridge on Cross Street which a lot of you would fit under but its not really worth the "brown trouser" moment finding out and you will light up the low bridge sign.

If you follow the A49 and then A5124 and then make sure you use the A528 as it saves you getting snarled up in the town if you followed the A5112 (this would still miss the bridge though so no panic)

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 17.34.41.png

The X mark cross street where you don't want to be,

IMG_1847.PNG

The right turn onto the B5067 Berwick Road is the one you don't want to miss so watch for it just after you around the nasty little roundabout (not on my CoPilot map?) and over the railway (bridge not lines), after the turn it's just keep left and onto Gravel Hill Lane with the flats on your left hand side and you will see the showground and the entrance on the left, the gateway is set back in a wide entrance so OK for big vehicles.

When you leave make sure you go the same way as turning right at the end of Berwick Road puts you under the bridge and the low bridge lights will flash and you will wet yourself.

Below is an alternative for anybody who really wants to approach from the West but you need to leave by turning left at the end of Berwick road onto the A528.

IMG_1846.PNG

You can come in this way as you are going the right way on the one way system BUT you can NOT leave the same way without going under "the bridge" the sign will most likely flash at you but keeping in the left lane is OK.

Martin

Martin and Jen

Seasons greetings and best wishes for safe travels in 2020
Broken Link Removed Quote Quote
Broken Link Removed
Thankyou Dave

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
This mornings arrival's please drive up to the blackboard on the right, stop and toot. Someone will come to show you where to park and hook up.

Another beautiful day here. Cold but sunny.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Bit of a jam session from 5pm today! Bring your instruments and join in or come and have a singsong.

(I am assuming that the room will be open as I haven’t asked Robin ? )

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes it will be. ? We are back now having traipsed around looking for a shop that has since closed. Eventual success in Rymans but have been gone longer than expected.

Janine. Was waiting to ask if I should remove the dart board. Have now moved my gear out of the way.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have arrived ( rather later than expected who knew that Telford had so many rounder
Abouts!?)and parked up with the help of the lovely Howard Thankyou!!

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I was about to log in and post that info, but was distracted many times, so many thanks MisterB .

Robin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I am getting withdrawal symptoms now, have a great time everybody :xThumb:

Martin
Thank you Martin, best wishes for 2020 look forward to catching up with you and Jen in the new year.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We are now back in our van after a successful fig shop...(cheese board not medicinal!)

Open for tours and drinks if anyone wants to pop in!!

If not see you all in the hall later..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back