Rally Chat Shrewsbury New Year 2018/2019 (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Rallies seem to be going into planning stages so early that this feels positively "last minute" but here goes.

There is a provisional booking for the Showground and warm room for the New Year celebrations, we have run this rally for the past three years along with invaluable help from Robin and Hilary @meanders BUT we all need a rest as much as funsters need a rest from us, I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of these events but it is time for change.

So this rally needs an organiser or two, "roll up roll up", I will make myself available to help liaise with the show ground but to be honest they make it very easy for you taking all the bookings so all that is required is to keep the forum thread up to date, the format is down to whoever puts their hands up to take this on and make it their own.

Parking can be arranged so that all vans have drive wheels on hard standing so even if the weather is inclement there should be no logistical problems.

You will have between 35 and 40 vans as the room takes 80 max.

OVER TO YOU

I can be contacted by PM if anybody want and more information.

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
This has your name on it Kath sorry Bill @Ambilkate
Thanks for mentioning us (me lol) But the way my year has gone so far health wise we just cannot commit. . We still have the Christmas tinsel provisionally booked in at Shrewsbury as well and to be honest i was going to put a similar post on Fun to what Martin had put on to see if anyone would run it. Bill & I can help anyone with it and I don't mind doing the admin thread side of things if it's needed but our days of actually running meets especially in the winter months are numbered. As some of you know we have family commitments with our daughter to so juggling my health probs and a hers has really taken its toll this year.
We would help anyone who takes on New year we have enjoyed it so much in the past thanks to Mr & Mrs Funflair & Mr & Mrs Meanders and hope to continue enjoying new year there if someone comes forward. We don't mind opening the room up during the days and doing tea and coffee or even a session of bingo etc to help out. Its a lovely warm room just what you need for a winter meet. Shrewsbury has so much to offer with its culture history, eating houses, pubs theatres , parks etc for those who would rather not sit in a warm room. Come on Funsters someone give it ago.
Kate x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes come on folks, don’t be shy it’s an easy rally to run as long as you have food music and alcohol you can’t go wrong.

You don’t even need decent weather with the room and plenty of handstanding, and be fair you most likely won’t get it:LOL:

Martin

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@Jim How many subscribed members are there at the moment?

And how many actively run meets/rallies? Seems to me its mainly the same folk so cmon all you fellow funsters , try getting off your a** and making an effort to even help run a rally/meet instead of just turning up and leaving and thanks. If we all take the attitude.. "Leave it to so n so then very little would ever be organised. Aren't we TEAM FUN?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Oh go on then, we'll take it on provided we get some help setting up, clearing up etc. We may not be able to following @funflair in excellent organisation, but will have a crack. We may also not be able to arrive until 28th with other commitments but that will become clearer nearer the time.

Martin, will you be at Lincoln to discuss the detail? Also will there be N+B members coming, or will this become solely a Fun meet?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh go on then, we'll take it on provided we get some help setting up, clearing up etc. We may not be able to following @funflair in excellent organisation, but will have a crack. We may also not be able to arrive until 28th with other commitments but that will become clearer nearer the time.

Martin, will you be at Lincoln to discuss the detail? Also will there be N+B members coming, or will this become solely a Fun meet?

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I thought you wanted a year off, OK I’m lost for a reply at the moment but will come back to you(y)

Martin

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
What date will the new year rally start and finish please
@toledo

No idea yet Dave and Polly, as only just agree to give it a go. It will start by the 31st December and not end before the 1st January. ;) If I remember correctly, the showground allow you to stay as long as you like as long as you pay the daily rate. Once I had a chance to get full details from Martin @funflair and also had a chance to look at other family commitments, I'll post a new thread in the main rally section. Until then, no list of names being taken.

I hope the two of you and Lucy are well.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Daily Rate now is £17 per night camping with electric and you need 20vans to secure the use of the room.
Bill & Dave have said they will help set up and clear up Robin and I will help as much as I can with the room as I stated in the posts above..if you want it
Kate x

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yes please
Carol & Eddie

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Anybody who has been to Shrewsbury before in the winter will know that the parking works well and you can all keep your drive wheels on the road or hard stand, if anyone is offering to take on the parking duty I can give pointers if required(y) we might be there with some N+B friends but not till 29th so won’t offer to help with parking on the day, if we are there we will do our own thing so not impinge on the FUN numbers as this is usually a popular rally and I am sure that with @meanders running this it will be fantastic.

After starting this rally and running it for 3 years with invaluable help from Robin and Hillary I have to admit to a slight feeling of bereavement at the moment but glad it is in safe hands.

Martin

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for all the offers of help. We are arrange to chat to Martin and then will post a new thread in the rally section for bookings.

Best wishes ... Robin & Hilary. a.k.a. Mugsoftheyear. :notworthy2:

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Put us down please. And we are happy to help with cleaning up and setting up.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Please delete , I think I was a tad tiddly!!!:LOL:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I'll be putting up the rally thread shortly. My apologies to those that added names to this list, but to be fair to all, I did say I was not taking names.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back