Rally Shrewsbury New Year 2018/19: The bookings thread. (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Martin @funflair. I don't know, but @Jim will. How do I tell if they are paid up? It doesn't say read-only. I thought only signed up members could see the rally section, but there you go.
I think it’s just the U shaped lounge and Belly locker that you can’t see if you are not a member, you can see the rallies.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@meanders only fully paid up members can attend rallies because of the insurance. This is shaping up to be an interesting party I'm wondering what you have in store for us. :)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Showing funster number as 56118

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
@meanders only fully paid up members can attend rallies because of the insurance. This is shaping up to be an interesting party I'm wondering what you have in store for us. :)
Still plotting {Wicked Laugh} ....

Sorry that should read 'planning' Carol. We'll be over Halloween by then! ;)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Could you please add Davy and April and our wee dog Tuppence for this one.
As newbies we've been a wee bit hesitant to sign up for our first rally, but we can't resist a good party:party2:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As newbies we've been a wee bit hesitant to sign up for our first rally, but we can't resist a good party:party2:
You have a good one for your first rally(y)

Martin

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thanks Martin, it's not just being a wee bit nervous about the rally, it's the whole camping in the cold and early dark. Having had our first van for only 9 weeks our camping has been blessed by long HOT summer days and warm evenings sitting out after dark ....... wonderful! Our steep learning curve continues :whistle::whistle:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Martin, it's not just being a wee bit nervous about the rally, it's the whole camping in the cold and early dark. Having had our first van for only 9 weeks our camping has been blessed by long HOT summer days and warm evenings sitting out after dark ....... wonderful! Our steep learning curve continues :whistle::whistle:
Plenty of electric at Shrewsbury, what could go wrong? OK this was early December not New Year, by New Year we were watching the flood levels on the river as it is quite close,

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

A bit cold on the outside but warm and toasty inside(y) and a nice warm room as well.

IMG_1260.jpg

What could be better?

Martin

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Will do and you are more than welcome. As Martin @funflair points out you will have hookup plus there will be a good smattering old hands to help should you get any surprises.

Feb 10, 2011
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B584
Exp
Since 2010
Please add us to the list. 2 adults. Also please add Jacko's x 2. He will formally reply later as he is 'off grid' at the moment

Last edited:
OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Many thanks @chocky and @Jacko's.

That's us more or less full. @Hittheroadnick is letting me know within the week on their intentions. They had hoped to try one rally before joining to see if it suited them, but accept that's not possible.

Anyone from now forward goes on the reserve list.

107 days left this year.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Soon sorted with a few brandies he!he!

Calamity Kent

Free Member
Aug 14, 2018
Funster No
Hi all Calamity Kent here, if possible can you add me for Shewsbury for New Year :)

Thank You x

Jul 23, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
15years
Not sure I'm in with a chance but...... Count me in if at all possible!

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure I'm in with a chance but...... Count me in if at all possible!
Based on what I remember of prior year 'can't now attend' rates, then we are getting close to the number of reserves who get in. I'm happy to let the list build though, and one never knows.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Based on what I remember of prior year 'can't now attend' rates, then we are getting close to the number of reserves who get in. I'm happy to let the list build though, and one never knows.
You are right Robin in previous years very few people have dropped out BUT if it has been very close to the event we found that a lot of people on the reserve list had then made alternative arrangements so we could go down the list quite quickly, hope that makes sense.

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Robin, have you checked with Jan about payment. All bonfire meet monies for camping and VIPV are paid up at leat a month before event.
I'm happy to start the ball of and pay deposit of says£10 for now and the full payment for my camping by 1st December. That way youyknow who is committed to the rally. Jan is happy to start taking payments. Plus it helps those on reserve list
Kate x

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Kate @Ambilkate and thanks.

When I spoke to Jan earlier this month, and having already discussed with Martin @funflair, we agreed she would start taking bookings after the Bonfire Meet, against a list of attendees I provide. This would avoid any confusion about which meet people were paying for and means Jan will only take bookings from those on the list.

I'm also going to take a bit of a hard line (a real tough nut me! :eek:) in that we will not bother with deposits and will be asking Funsters to make full payment during the middle couple of weeks of November. This avoids giving Jan any extra work over the actual holiday period, the need to worry about having cash on site. It also means there is no chance of me needing to collect and pass on balances from those that haven't paid in full. (y) I know that in previous years some were paying the balance on arrival.

Hopefully that just means that other than coming in to hand over the keys etc, Jan and Ian can otherwise get a good break over the Christmas and New Year while we party. :dance2:I'm sure they deserve it.

Best wishes ...... Robin

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
You are right Robin in previous years very few people have dropped out BUT if it has been very close to the event we found that a lot of people on the reserve list had then made alternative arrangements so we could go down the list quite quickly, hope that makes sense.

Martin
Thanks Martin, and yes it does make sense.

Best wishes to you both.

Athena Mattin

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
April 2018
Rally Dates: Friday 28th to Wed 2nd Jan. 5 nights.
You can arrive and leave at anytime provided the showground have been correctly paid.​
Venue: The West Mid Showground, Shrewsbury. http://www.westmidshowground.co.uk/
Cost: £17 per van per night including electric, plus a small fee to cover expenses.

This will follow a similar format to the last three years organised so ably by Martin and Jen @funflair but with a new twist. We also hope to do more day-time activities, more on this later.

We have a maximum of 40 spaces on a first come, first served basis. Those who have already been in touch and volunteered with specific tasks have reserved spaces.
1. @meanders
2. @Ambilkate
3. @daveandsan
4. @Carol
5. @Beacons
6. @Pete-Jay-Sophie
7. @Mousy
8. @tonyandcarol
9. @gloworm
10. @Chocy boy
11. @bungy
12. @cliffandger
13. @garjanco
14. @Tom A
15. @Anthea M
16. @toledo
17. @triclops
18. @RedFrame
19. @Dizzy Izzy[
20. [USER=27612]@swanseajack13

21. @Daz n Tina
22. @quickweh
23. @tonyl
24. @welshcake lady
25. @TrebleH
26. @raysalaugh
27. @chippy graham
28. @macsontour
29. @Targetpaster
30. @Hils and Glenns
31. @Elaine brookin
32. @marrod23
33. @lunarman
34. @Detnor
35. @haganap
36. @The Dotties
37. @Wee Bold Davy
38. @chocky
39. @Jacko's
40. @rosalan

Reserve list:
R1. @Valerie Gomez
R2. @meggie
R3. @Silver-Fox
R4. @Jandz

This list will be updated in order of posting. If we go over 40, we'll set up a reserve list.

Children and animals will be most welcome.

Please post in this thread if you wish to come, with number of attendees.

About six weeks beforehand we'll contact everyone and advise them how to pay the full pitch amount directly to the showground. They will ask for your forum name, proper name, and dates attending to cross check you from the list we provide.

We'll sort out the other contribution nearer the time.

Best wishes ... Robin & Hilary[/USER]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back