Rally Shrewsbury, messing about on the river 2-7 July (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The Station bridge in Shrewsbury although it's marked up at 3.3 metres is absolutely fine if you just drive through the centre taking up both lanes.
I have driven through in all types of vehicles and never had a problem.
The only vehicles that I have seen collide with the bridge is high sided trucks.
[
/QUOTYes i
We re talking about cross st bridge and yes absolutely fine if you re under 3.3 metres and stick yto the lines but its regularly caught even by lower vehicles as a walk under it will quickly confirm.

Station bridge is 13ft 4 or 6 and also too low for a lot of lorries , I was passing recently and ended up up directing traffic to enable an EE driver to extract his lorry

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
  1. 125BEER waiting for Jan to take payment
  2. Grummyb waiting for Jan to take payment
  3. rosalan waiting for Jan to take payment
  4. Steve@Fun waiting for Jan to take payment
I believe that you are the last 4 waiting to be booked in by Jan, Don't panic she is onto it but buried in admin at the moment, whatever happens you are on the list so turn up anyway ;) and I will frogmarch you to the office to pay:LOL:
👍 missed her call this morning ringing tommorow. 🍻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Sorry Jongood I stand corrected you are absolutely correct it is cross street bridge, only lived here my whole life and still managed to get it wrong.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Sorry Jongood I stand corrected you are absolutely correct it is cross street bridge, only lived here my whole life and still managed to get it wrong.
Then like me you probably remember when you could drive either way through either bridge and up pride hill and around the square and then I woke up one morning in about 1980 and there were traffic lights everywhere and the town has never been the same since.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Yes and remember the Welsh bridge before they put lights there , used to flow great.
And don't get me started on Meole Brace island !

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Any one attending this meet who could loan me a damp meter and lessons in how to use it ?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
ATTENTION all canoe/kayak trippers,

LIST UPDATED ON PAGE 1

Anybody else want to join us there is still space (y)

Please find and follow the payment link from Hire a Canoe, just to confirm we are talking about Monday 5th and getting picked up from the showground 9:45am

When you make your booking scroll to July and you will see our booking at 9:45 then select double Canoe/Kayak or single Kayak, there will be a minimum of jiggling about on the morning if anybody wants to change their minds, if you are booking 1 canoe place just book single Kayak and then post back here that you have paid for 1 canoe place and we will sort it out with them, for example I have paid for 1 kayak place and if Taran_Las does the same I will get in touch and tell them that it is actually a canoe booking, don't worry about pairing yourself up for a double as we can do that on the morning and I can go in either double or a single to make the numbers work.

Hi Martin,

Great, here is the booking link: https://hireacanoe.tripworks.com/wi...ltView=experience&language=en&experience=1836

That is correct, we supply buoyancy aids, paddles and barrels. We don't issue any waterproof clothing but we don't generally expect paddlers in canoes to get wet as it's a nice safe route! Kayakers will get wetter as you might expect.

Thank you and please feel free to get in touch with any questions,
Danni

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Anybody else getting "postcode not complete". And there is nowhere to enter postcode? ### Ignore. Couldn't scroll sideways far enough....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back