Rally Chat Shrewsbury for New Year 2015/16 (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Really enjoyed our first meet, food, music and company first class ... Learned a few things along the way, thanks everyone for making us feel really welcome ... Here's to the next time:party3::party3::party3:

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.(y) Have a look at the Chester rally thread here.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We too got home safely, after nearly being wiped out by a car entering a roundabout from our right (only 12 miles from home) and spinning round facing us as we entered the roundabout after them. :eek:

Within half an hour of the MH being unloaded, the Elektroblok was back up and running, charging our batteries again as it should. (y) As suspected, it was the small surge fuse inside which had blown for some reason. That's only twice in eleven years of ownership. That'll do for us. ;)

Thanks again to Martin & Jen, for organising the meet and for all their hard work. It was a great success, and thanks to all for their comapny this weekend. (y)

See some of you at Chester,

Jock & Rita. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
Thank you Martin and jen for a wonderful new year do, it was great ,an thanks for all the hard wet work that you have done to make it a great time mark an sue

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We too got home safely, after nearly being wiped out by a car entering a roundabout from our right (only 12 miles from home) and spinning round facing us as we entered the roundabout after them. :eek:

Within half an hour of the MH being unloaded, the Elektroblok was back up and running, charging our batteries again as it should. (y) As suspected, it was the small surge fuse inside which had blown for some reason. That's only twice in eleven years of ownership. That'll do for us. ;)

Thanks again to Martin & Jen, for organising the meet and for all their hard work. It was a great success, and thanks to all for their comapny this weekend. (y)

See some of you at Chester,

Glad you got home in one piece must have been very frightening .sounds like the meet was good fun. Look forward to our first one at Chester hope to see you there!

Jan 9, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
A great time was had by all. A big thanks to Martin & Jen for organising and hosting the event. It was our first "fun" rally and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Even getting stuck in the mud didn't put a damper on events. I'm sure Martin will put the video on the forum. Looking forwards very much to meets in the future.
Kaye & Dave

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Or this one where we eventually get it back onto the road, it looks easy in the video but what it doesn't show is that we had to use the built in jacks to get the back axle up in the air to get some wood under the wheels and then the front was dragging too much in the soft ground so we had to Jack the front the same and run in on some boards, anyway alls well that ends well(y)

Martin

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Many thanks to everyone at Shrewsbury new year meet. We had a fabulous time.

Special thanks go to Martin and Jen for making it all happen and run so smoothly, to Robin and Hillary for the entertainment and to all that provided the amazing food.

It's times like this that make you proud to be a funster

P's sorry we missed all the fun of getting the big one out of the mire

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I thought your diff locks would cope with that :D:D

We got out without using the diff lock but Kaye and Dave were in an even wetter spot that us, and ours was very wet, and it was a bit uphill.

To be fair if the weather forecast had said it was going to rain all the time we were there we might have stayed off the field all together.

Might do it different next year, if they will let us back:sneaky:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Many thanks to everyone at Shrewsbury new year meet. We had a fabulous time.

Special thanks go to Martin and Jen for making it all happen and run so smoothly, to Robin and Hillary for the entertainment and to all that provided the amazing food.

It's times like this that make you proud to be a funster

P's sorry we missed all the fun of getting the big one out of the mire

I think you might have enjoyed it(y)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi All

Just sorting everything out the finances after getting home from New Year.

As organisers there was never an intent to make money out of this little get together BUT there was something left over as follows.

You all know we had a little whip round to say "thank you" to Jan and Ian at the showground, this raised over £40 but we have limited the gifts to them to £20 each M+S vouchers, the surplus we put with the small surplus from the bacon buns to make a total of £34, I have taken £9 from this to cover the quiz prizes, room decorations, party poppers etc.

The remaining £25 I have given to the MS society.

Thank you everybody for your support.

Martin and Jen

Broken Link Removed

Thank you Martin
Your gift of £ 25.00 will make a real difference

Dear Martin,

Thank you for being a part of the fight against MS.

Your amazing support ensures that the MS Society can continue to support people with MS and also fund vital research into the cause, cure and symptoms. Without your support, none of this would be possible. Thank you!

With warmest wishes

Rachel Doughty
Fundraising Manager

contentfooter.gif

contentfooter.gif

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a charity registered in England and Wales (1139257) and Scotland (SC041990). Registered as a limited company in England and Wales 07451571. Read our Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@funflair. Thanks for that Martin. (y)

When I finally managed to make contact with someone in the office, to sort out our balance, I spoke to Jan.
She was very appreciative of the way we as a group had looked after the the facility, and seemed quite keen to have us back. (y)
Thanks again to you and Jen, for all your work and involvement for the Shrewsbury New Year Meet. :)

Cheers for now,

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks for the update (y) and may I say there was never a shred of doubt as to any left over monies going to a charity (y)-You know where I am coming from ;)(y):D
terry

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair. Thanks for that Martin. (y)

When I finally managed to make contact with someone in the office, to sort out our balance, I spoke to Jan.
She was very appreciative of the way we as a group had looked after the the facility, and seemed quite keen to have us back. (y)
Thanks again to you and Jen, for all your work and involvement for the Shrewsbury New Year Meet. :)

Cheers for now,

Always worth making a good impression when you want to go back(y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi All

Just had an e-mail from Jan thanking everybody for the generous gift.

She has also taken the liberty of booking us in again for next year(y)

I asked if it would be possible to park a limited number of van closer to the presidential suite as it's a bit of a walk for some from the normal hook ups, the answer was yes water levels depending. What I am talking about is those with walking difficulties before the alcohol NOT after.

Hopefully we can book @meanders again if he is not doing the IBIZA season.

You can pencil this in your diary but please wait until later in the year and I will kick off a new thread for those interested.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back