Rally Shrewsbury Family vintage weekend 6-7 July 2019 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK peeps the Vintage weekend is getting closer and I did promise some instructions for getting to the showground, anybody who has been before can ignore this as nothing as changed,

We will be parked in the same spot as last year but not 100% sure which gate we will be using and it might depend what day you arrive so just keep your eyes open, but I will update the thread when we arrive, as long as you come along Gravel hill lane from the town direction the gate will be on your left but you see you have a choice of 3,

60368386-8518-42D9-853D-752A6692B01D.jpg

OK here are the directions for getting to the West Mids Showground, SY12PF Gravel Hill Lane should work in your Sat Nav, but its worth familiarising yourself as if you miss the turning from the North A528 you will be faced with the X marked low bridge on Cross Street which a lot of you would fit under but its not really worth the "brown trouser" moment finding out and you will light up the low bridge sign.

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 17.34.41.png

If you follow the A49 and then A5124 and then make sure you use the A528 as it saves you getting snarled up in the town if you followed the A5112 (this would still miss the bridge though so no panic)

IMG_1847.png

So this map above is your final approach the right turn onto the B5067 Berwick Road is the one you don't want to miss so watch for it just after you around the nasty little roundabout (not on my CoPilot map?) and over the railway (bridge not lines), after the turn it's just keep left and onto Gravel Hill Lane with the flats on your left hand side and you will see the showground and the entrance on the left, the gateways are well set back in a wide entrance so OK for big vehicles.

When you leave make sure you turn left at the end of Berwick Road as turning right puts you under the bridge and the low bridge lights will flash and you will wet yourself.

Below is an alternative for anybody who really wants to approach from the West but you need to leave by turning left at the end of Berwick road onto the A528.

You can come in this way as you are going the right way on the one way system BUT you can NOT leave the same way without going under "the bridge" the sign will most likely flash at you but keeping in the left lane is OK.

IMG_1846.png

Jun 4, 2019
Llanidloes
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Booked and paid Thursday to Monday,decided to have an extra night. Should be there about 8pm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Martin
Booked and paid 4 nights arrive Thursday pm. No electric booked ( bit dear @ £5 a night)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So unsurprisingly the Showground is a bit wet at the moment,

940E0665-7916-4EE4-BB8C-1E78DC021C0B.jpeg

They are used to this sort of event so my guess is it will all be OK for the vintage but I will check and update.

Martin

Edit I should have said if you can’t get through on the phones next week it might be because the Water hasn’t Gone down yet And Jan can’t get into the office.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just realised that its about time we booked in for this :D2 must call Jan next week now the water will be all gone and will be drying out nicely, anybody coming don't rely on the map at the top of the page as the portion for the showground is wrong use my map or at the very least use the "Shrewsbury folk festival" pin.

After over 10 weeks of looking after Jens Mum with hospital regular visits and now she is back home getting care in place etc etc we have not beeb away in the van or even home for more than a couple of days so we are really looking forward to getting away, and I think we deserve it ;) (y)

Martin

Jun 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Autotrail
Exp
This season
Hi Martin we'd like to come to this, who do we pay? And is it £12 per night or for the weekend?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hi Martin we'd like to come to this, who do we pay? And is it £12 per night or for the weekend?
Paragraph five on this post (y) per night

Jun 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Autotrail
Exp
This season
Ok great can you put us down for 2 nights please ?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ok great I'll sort that this week ?
You will be charged for Vintage show wristbands as well as your camping, when you call the Showground tell them you are with Fun and make sure you look at the maps and read the instructions.

Martin

Martin

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So as per the title, and some people will know it from last year.

It's a show of old/vintage tractors, cars, cycles, motorcycles, motorhomes, steam engines, an auction where Simon @dabhand bought something he didn't need and had most likely forgotten about it till now(y)

We will kick the rally off on the Thursday 4th July and run for 4 nights to finish on the Monday, this is flexible as anybody who has been to the show ground before will know you can just book extra nights with Jan and I will put all the booking details on later.

The rally will centre around the Vintage show but if anybody wants to add a bit of impromptu music on an evening they are most welcome, there is a small room that we can have if we want but if the weather is nice of course we would rather be outside I am sure.

We should not be limited for space as the area is plenty big enough so if you are interested just put your names on this thread and we will firm up numbers and booking later, The tickets for the show will be £10 per adult and covers you for two days as we are inside the show ground this is non negotiable as Jan has to buy tickets for all campers. The price has gone up this year 1-24 Vans £12 without EHU or £17 with EHU, 25+ Vans £11 without or £15 with, I was surprised how many people wanted hook up last year;)

View attachment 285980

Lovely old town with half timbered buildings, plenty of pubs and restaurants and two YES two Wetherspoons:LOL:

View attachment 285981

That's a "Scandeere" in other words a V8 Scania in a John Deere tractor chassis,

View attachment 285982

Two years ago they had tractor pulling which was great to watch so hopefully they will be there again, I was told last year they would be(y)

The town itself is about 15 minutes walk for most people but taxi's are available for anybody struggling.

If anybody wants to try canoeing on the gently flowing River Severn you can hire them in town or I can take my inflatable along for a mess about at the site, bring your own Canoe/Kayak if you have one.

So that's it for now.

Martin

OK I will start the list here,

1. @funflair
  2. @beerdrinker1 Paid
  3. @Chocy boy
  4. @rb62 Paid
  5. @Beacons
  6. @Techno Paid
  7. @mitzimad Paid
  8. @TinaL
  9. @csd4t Paid
  10. @Wildbill
  11. @jongood
  12. @grumps147 with EHU paid 4 nights
  13. @Keypresser
  14. @Lofty1 4 nights Paid
  15. @Lorna and Chris Paid
  16. @hillbilly 1
  17. @chaser
  18. @Distu Thursday to Monday Paid
  19. Julie-Terry14 2 nights
hi martin we are as for definite as we ever can be so how do we get the money to you for friday and saturday night.
cheers charlie

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
hi martin we are as for definite as we ever can be so how do we get the money to you for friday and saturday night.
cheers charlie
Hi Charlie

When you are ready to book just call Jan,

we are less than 25 vans total so the cost is £12 per night without electric or £17 if you want electric. At the same time as taking your camping money Jan will also take payment for your show wristbands which are valid Saturday and Sunday and will be issued to you on arrival.

Please contact Jan at the showground office, (after 10am possibly)

Tel 01743 289831‬

Anybody who is last minute just turn up and we will sort camping and wristbands when you arrive.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was going to put in my inflatable double canoe (canoe not Kayak) so if anybody fancies a paddle, in the river not the camping area hopefully ;) just give me a shout and I could take you out or you can have a go on your own if you fancy it.

If anybody want a proper paddle from Montford bridge back to the showground you can get a taxi up there and then hire a canoe and all the gear and they will pick the canoe up later that day, it is 10 or 12 miles from memory and you will need a few hours but last time we did it it was a lovely leisurely paddle and we saw loads of Kingfishers.

Martin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have a double skillet for sale very little use
£25 delivered to the meet
FD0AD69A-C944-47F1-9FAC-7A127CED8357.jpeg
7775EB62-26CE-45F1-B7B8-B1ADF655BC53.jpeg
824F7E42-821C-4366-B74F-FA1EA50A9123.jpeg
3EF434AE-215F-46E8-87C1-5414FE39FED6.jpeg

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Hi, Just booked and paid with Jan for Friday and Saturday nights . Plan to arrive mid-day Friday.

Newbies to Fun and our first rally!

Used to live in Shrewsbury and know the town very well...........

Brian and Sue

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You might just find us turning up to this one. (y)
Come on down, I have put the Canoe in for you(y)

Martin
Hi, Just booked and paid with Jan for Friday and Saturday nights . Plan to arrive mid-day Friday.

Newbies to Fun and our first rally!

Used to live in Shrewsbury and know the town very well...........

Brian and Sue
Hi Brian and Sue

Will be good to meet you and you can show us around;)

I guess you know your way.

Martin

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Dear Mr Funflair.

Please accept this as official notification that Mr and Mrs Haganap will be in attendance. I will be fixing various bits of my N+B and offering skilled sessions on various motor-home repairs.
Jan is aware we will be arriving on the Friday and leaving on Sunday and has said funds added to her bank account to take this in to consideration.

Yours sincerely
Mr & Mrs Haggers.

Ps does my wife count as Vintage?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Dear Mr Funflair.

Please accept this as official notification that Mr and Mrs Haganap will be in attendance. I will be fixing various bits of my N+B and offering skilled sessions on various motor-home repairs.
Jan is aware we will be arriving on the Friday and leaving on Sunday and has said funds added to her bank account to take this in to consideration.

Yours sincerely
Mr & Mrs Haggers.

Ps does my wife count as Vintage?
NO but you might just scrape in.

?

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Hi Martin,
Just phoned Jan and paid in full.
Arriving Thursday for 4 nights no ehu.
See you then,
Cheers
Chris.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Hi Martin
Just spoke to Jan and booked for Saturday , no EHU
Hope to get there for about 10 am .
Advised Gate 1
Many thanks
Brian and Sue ( yes another one)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin
Just spoke to Jan and booked for Saturday , no EHU
Hope to get there for about 10 am .
Advised Gate 1
Many thanks
Brian and Sue ( yes another one)
Hi Brian and Sue

Yes I think by Saturday the show people will be in charge of gates So Gate one will get you straight in to our parking area, if you call my mobile about 30 minutes before I will open the gate, gate 1 will be the first one you come to, anybody else arriving Thur/Fri will be using gate two/main gate,

Mobile 07780 686312

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back