Rally Shrewsbury Family vintage weekend 6-7 July 2019 (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So as per the title, and some people will know it from last year.

It's a show of old/vintage tractors, cars, cycles, motorcycles, motorhomes, steam engines, an auction where Simon @dabhand bought something he didn't need and had most likely forgotten about it till now(y)

We will kick the rally off on the Thursday 4th July and run for 4 nights to finish on the Monday, this is flexible as anybody who has been to the show ground before will know you can just book extra nights with Jan and I will put all the booking details on later.

The rally will centre around the Vintage show but if anybody wants to add a bit of impromptu music on an evening they are most welcome, there is a small room that we can have if we want but if the weather is nice of course we would rather be outside I am sure.

We should not be limited for space as the area is plenty big enough so if you are interested just put your names on this thread and we will firm up numbers and booking later, The tickets for the show will be £10 per adult and covers you for two days as we are inside the show ground this is non negotiable as Jan has to buy tickets for all campers. The price has gone up this year 1-24 Vans £12 without EHU or £17 with EHU, 25+ Vans £11 without or £15 with, I was surprised how many people wanted hook up last year;)

IMG_0627.jpg

Lovely old town with half timbered buildings, plenty of pubs and restaurants and two YES two Wetherspoons:LOL:

IMG_0639.jpg

That's a "Scandeere" in other words a V8 Scania in a John Deere tractor chassis,

IMG_0638.jpg

Two years ago they had tractor pulling which was great to watch so hopefully they will be there again, I was told last year they would be(y)

The town itself is about 15 minutes walk for most people but taxi's are available for anybody struggling.

If anybody wants to try canoeing on the gently flowing River Severn you can hire them in town or I can take my inflatable along for a mess about at the site, bring your own Canoe/Kayak if you have one.

So that's it for now.

Martin

OK I will start the list here,

1. @funflair
  2. @beerdrinker1 Paid
  3. @Chocy boy
  4. @rb62 Paid
  5. @Techno Paid
  6. @mitzimad Paid
  7. @TinaL
  8. @csd4t Paid
  9. @Wildbill
  10. @grumps147 with EHU paid 4 nights
  11. @Keypresser Paid
  12. @Lofty1 4 nights Paid
  13. @Lorna and Chris Paid
  14. @hillbilly 1
  15. @chaser Paid
  16. @Distu Thursday to Monday Paid
  17. Julie-Terry14 2 nights
  18. tazmarkuk friday 2 nights Paid
  19. TeamBandS booked and Paid
  20. haganap Paid
  21. KUSKUS Paid

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I quite fancy this Martin, will you put me down as a possible please as I'm up at Portpatrick just before.
Lu might fancy it too.
Heard you bumped into Tracey & Rich at the NEC:LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I quite fancy this Martin, will you put me down as a possible please as I'm up at Portpatrick just before.
Lu might fancy it too.
Heard you bumped into Tracey & Rich at the NEC:LOL:
Hi Debs

Tracey and Rich(y) saved me asking you there names:LOL:, I thought "I know these people" but a bit slow to click.

You are on the list on the first post Debs.

Martin

ps Portpatrick is lovely but we have to be home every now and again:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Quite right Martin, I had to think hard, but yes, I had forgotten, and yes, I did buy something I didn’t need, and yes I haven’t used it, but I’m so glad I got out bid on the tractor, two enough for anyone, that’s why I try not to go to auctions anymore! It’s a great meet and a lovely part of the world and if you like tractors old cars and motorbikes, mixed with beer curry and ambling around it’s a belter. Really sorry I can’t go as I’m at Stratford, have fun

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
You can put us down please Martin (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Quite right Martin, I had to think hard, but yes, I had forgotten, and yes, I did buy something I didn’t need, and yes I haven’t used it, but I’m so glad I got out bid on the tractor, two enough for anyone, that’s why I try not to go to auctions anymore! It’s a great meet and a lovely part of the world and if you like tractors old cars and motorbikes, mixed with beer curry and ambling around it’s a belter. Really sorry I can’t go as I’m at Stratford, have fun
Its good to have a change so enjoy Stratford.

Martin

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Can you put us down as a possible please Martin. We have to confirm our Tour de France viewing plans yet, but think this might fit in.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes please Martin, Love Shrewsbury, will defo be there fingers crossed all going well with TinaL surgery, this will cheer her up no end,we will watch this thread closely and pay whatever to whoever, whenever:D
Best wishes, thanks for setting this up.
Les & TinaL

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes please Martin, Love Shrewsbury, will defo be there fingers crossed all going well with TinaL surgery, this will cheer her up no end,we will watch this thread closely and pay whatever to whoever, whenever:D
Best wishes, thanks for setting this up.
Les & TinaL
Thats great Les and Tina see you there, and yes fingers crossed.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Could you be persuaded @jongood I have it from Jan that the Tractor pulling is 99% going ahead and I was going to see if we can get in the pit area and talk too a few of the guys, a bit like a back stage pass.

Martin

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I would put myself down for this one as I love Shrewsbury but owing to health issues I cant commit
bill

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would put myself down for this one as I love Shrewsbury but owing to health issues I cant commit
bill
Hi Bill just turn up last minute if it suits you, plenty of space.

I will put you on the list anyway.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Could you be persuaded @jongood I have it from Jan that the Tractor pulling is 99% going ahead and I was going to see if we can get in the pit area and talk too a few of the guys, a bit like a back stage pass.

Martin

Well its a long journey for us Martin.... But funnily enough we were talking about this very morning in the wilds of the anti-atlas mountains with @abforfun and @cakey so theres 2 more maybes for you, but I really would like to see the scandeere in action again.

Jon

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well its a long journey for us Martin.... But funnily enough we were talking about this very morning in the wilds of the anti-atlas mountains with @abforfun and @cakey so theres 2 more maybes for you, but I really would like to see the scandeere in action again.

Jon
Hi Jon

I ave added all three of you to the list, might be worth it for Steve and Helen if they still have the van.

Martin

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@funflair
Sorry Martin
Kate's informed me we have our nans 90th birthday on the Saturday so need to pull out of this one.
Totally gutted as it was amazing last year.
Paul

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
@funflair
Sorry Martin
Kate's informed me we have our nans 90th birthday on the Saturday so need to pull out of this one.
Totally gutted as it was amazing last year.
Paul
Gutted for you:mad: I know how much you wanted to do it, hope Kate’s Nan appreciates the huge sacrifice.

Martin

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Yes please Martin,