Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
from the other threads running, its obvious that we know what we don't like about shows, its a bit of a bone of comtention for me, as the same thing has happened over the years with Land Rover shows, so how should a show be run? Should exhibitor's be limited, should they be relevant (no bead jewelery at a landy show etc), shouldthose who pay for camping have to pay an entrance fee, should you pay an entrance fee,..but not for camping..........what say you?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I only go to shows for cheapish camping and having a beer and chat with other funsters. For me the trade stands are really only a sideshow.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm with Jim.....you can only buy so much stuff you dont really need.

but I do feel the 'trinket' type stalls which aren't conclusive to motorhoming shouldn't be there, being more at home at craft and country fairs.

at Malvern I went into the show twice, and that was through necessity not pleasure. (damaged water pump)

pay to camp and inclusive show entry is the way to go. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
If it wasnt for the shows we would not have met the great people of Fun :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The odd non motorhome stall is handy occasionally, like when it's freezing cold and you didn't pack a hat and a scarf! :Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have to say, we are another couple that dont really go for the trade stalls but go for the fun meet, we usually have a walk round the stalls on a saturday but thats just cos they are there, once again agree that this year the number of non related motorhome stalls seem to have increased greatly. (although at the northern this year the boot/shoe/wellie/ umberella stall was probably most needed)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back