Royston Gallagher

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Chausson suite garage
Exp
9 years
Hi, I have a Chausson suite garage and my shower plug hole (waste) has broken and dropped underneath the shower tray. How do I get to this and renew the waste ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
YO11 2BD
Funster No
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
I would say the shower tray needs to come out.......which probably involves removing the shower cubicle walls first.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer E690
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi, I have a Chausson suite garage and my shower plug hole (waste) has broken and dropped underneath the shower tray. How do I get to this and renew the waste ?
Hi Royston,

Not a Chausson, but on our Hymer, access is by a plate screwed to the locker ceiling, underneath the shower tray. If you have a double floor, then there is a good chance you may have similar access. If not, then like John advised, the shower tray will/may need to be removed. :(

Good luck with that one. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
R

Royston Gallagher

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Chausson suite garage
Exp
9 years
I looked at taking the walls apart but each time i took one thing off there was another and another so i stopped.
I will get some mats out tomorrow and look underneath to see if there is any access that way ?
If not i might have to cut an access panel underneath. The new part is only 89 p

Feb 7, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
It's perfect
Exp
We managed to reach ours from the kitchen area but different van.

But what we realised was that the waste hose was not flexible enough and constantly pulling on the trap as the waste tank moved whilst travelling.................after replacing twice we now slacken off the trap with the central screw (so it can move) and only tighten up before taking a shower

Mar 23, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
On our old flash 03 there was an access panel in the back under the lower bunk. There were 2 plastic grills which could be removed to look under the shower tray you might have similar? Try looking at a low level in your garage if the shower is next to it

David

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services