Shower tray spray refinishing (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Just noticed a hairline crack starting to appear in my shower tray (n). It is at least in the area in front of the loo, which has a little 3" high dividing "wall" from the actual shower area, so it doesn't get too wet.

The cause appears to be the usual one, not enough support underneath for the tray. In the autumn I shall strip the bathroom out - as it is all built on top of the tray, naturally - and repair the tray from underneath, and sort out better support for it. I know you can get Speedcoat, but it's expensive and doesn't solve the problem of lack of tray support.

The top side of the tray could do with refinishing, and it's the ideal time to do it if it's out of the van. It's also an odd shape with quite narrow drainage channels in it, so something like the Tubby product that is applied with a roller will be tricky to do.

Has anyone come across any good spray applied products for refinishing trays? It is a cosmetic coating only that is required, strength will come from the repair underneath.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This product has been mentioned a fee times, but no experience of it ..

Kits for Bath and shower, applied by brush and roller

Tubby UK

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Never used these, but know lots that have and very happy with the repairs.

http://speedcoateuro.com

I never thought they where that expensive considering it's extra strength with expanding foam and doesn't have to be removed.
Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back