Shower tray backing up HELP! (1 Viewer)

Dave810

Free Member
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cherokee
Can someone help me. I have an Autotrail Cherokee and I think my waste pipes may have frozen during the cold weather we recently endured. Now I have discovered that any waste water from kitchen and toilet sink, is backing up straight into the shower tray. My waste tank is empty. Any ideas on cause and possible fix?

OP
OP
D

Dave810

Free Member
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cherokee
If it was frozen and very likely, I'm sure it would have defrosted by now. Weather has been about 10 degrees for many days..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I doubt they would have frozen as they run downward, or should. I would think that lack of use has caused the inside of the pipes to dry out, and that causes all the waste goo inside the pipe to set and as it crusts up it shrinks inside the pipe causing the blockage.
I would but a bucket of very very hot water down each drain, yes it will take time to drain, but once gone down fill the basin/sink/shower tray with more very hot water then use a plunger to pulse the water inside the pipe work. I personally would use my wet vac not the plunger, but most people don’t have use of one.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
The problem with a plunger is it will push up through any open plugs so if you use a plunger be sure to block all the other drains including the shower.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Wet vac always works for me. Theres not much fall so any obstacle will stop it draining.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sounds like a blockage somewhere so it's taking the easiest route into your shower tray, do as has been suggested already to try to remove the blockage and hopefully that'll sort it.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Open the waste valve then see if it comes back up the tray.
If it does you have a blockage in the pipework.
If it doesn't you have an airlock in the pipework.....possibly the tank breather hose is blocked.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back