LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
So the shower room wall panels, flip down washbasin and most of the WC are all plastic. If I grab my usual bathroom CIF, Mr Muscle, or whatever hand trigger spray thingy instructions all suggest that plastics could be vulnerable after longer contact.

The Thetford type bathroom cleaner (not the pink flush liquid) stuff has an extortionate pricing, often over a fiver.

So what can be used and at an affordable price without risking damage?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We do the same as we do at home. After every shower we just give the walls and door a quick spray with Mr Muscle Shower Shine, and just leave it to do its good work.
So do we, never noticed a problem. Every few weeks we take the doors off and swmbo has a more thorough clean of nooks and crannies (whatever they are)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I use the 'Method' range of cleaning products, less chemicals, smells lovely and not too expensive. I have been using their bathroom cleaner in the van for several years and nothing untoward has happened yet, oh and no abrasive bits either. Sainsburys, Waitrose and Tescos sell the range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
I use the 'Method' range of cleaning products, less chemicals, smells lovely and not too expensive. I have been using their bathroom cleaner in the van for several years and nothing untoward has happened yet, oh and no abrasive bits either. Sainsburys, Waitrose and Tescos sell the range.

We also use this, dealer told us not to use anything too strong or with loads of chemicals so this was the obvious choice when in the supermarket.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We squeegee the shower walls down then dry with a microfibre towel. Stops any calcium build up. Can't stand those spray on shower cleaners they have me gasping for air.
Use the Thetford one occasionally a bottle lasts us a couple of years always buy it when we are away as with most things overpriced in the UK.
For the odd bit of calcium build up I use white wine vinegar will about 50% hot water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back