Free Member
Dec 30, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi can anyone help me? I have recently changed to a Hymer S820 after having a very simple Bessacarr for the last 12 years. Everything on the old van was simple to repair when things went wrong but this van is a little more complicated. A few weeks ago I had a leak on at the side of the central heating boiler which I managed to stop but since then gradually the shower has been loosing pressure. The bathroom mixer tap and kitchen mixer tap work fine with full pressure on both hot and cold but no water comes out of the shower tap unless one of the other taps are turned on at the same time. The pump is a SHURflo rev fresh water pump installed within the last 2 years, any suggestions please? Steve

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Firstly, the Shurflo pump is non-standard and has been fitted as an after-market modification. Hymer fit a Reich twin-barrel 19 litre/minute submersible pump that hangs in the fresh water tank. This pump is activated by 12v micro-switches that are in the taps. The fact that water comes out of the shower tap when the other taps are turned on suggests that the modifier has used the micro-switches cabling to activate the Shurflo pump and that the switch in the shower tap has broken (or the cabling has). Thus, when another tap is opened, contact is made and the pump operates. If this is the case, you need to get a replacement micro-switch for the Reich tap in the shower. They are available from many motorhome outlets including Link Removed
This does not explain the gradual losing of pressure prior to failure though. Are there any signs of leaks in the pipe feed to the shower? Other than that, I cannot think of anything else to check and I have no experience of the Shurflo pump I'm afraid.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
S

Steviemick

Free Member
Dec 30, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Many thanks for that I'll try it and let you know, much appreciated, Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ditto, the tap is making the water flow so there's a problem with the tap switch for the shower itself.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I recently had similar problem and found a thread on here what papajohn posted about microswitches, low and behold i checked everything he diagnosed and he was correct, microswitch fault in the one tap, took it apart to discover one of the wires had broken.. Managed to solder it back together.. About a month later same thing happened again.. Took apart once more to find the other wire on the microswitch had broken this time, soldered that one and so far no more problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back