Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've just had our submersible pump replaced with a FloJet 'Triplex Diaphragm' R3426-500
The flow and pressure to the taps and toilet are now good but the shower is still poor.
The shower is at the end of the line so to speak - behind the loo at the back of the MH.
I've tried to take off the shower head to look for grunge but couldn't see anything.
Would a replacement head and pipe be the answer?
Can't think what else to do. In our caravan we got a reasonable flow to the shower - we know not to expect anything like a domestic set up but this is too trickly for comfort.
Mags

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mags did you run the shower without the head on ?Try it to see if you have pressure :thumb:If still no pressure try looking for kinks in the pipe leading up to the shower - if you have good pressure at the taps etc then you should have virtually the same at the shower :thumb:
Is there an adjustable switch on the pump ?to turn pressure up ?
My shower in the van out performs the house shower :winky::thumb:
terry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just a suggestion,,, take the shower head of the pipe and see if you are getting a reasonable flow through the pipe on it`s own,,, if you are I think a shower head with less holes or a smaller shower head may be the answer..

What was it like before you put the new pump on,, or didnt you try the shower ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for replies. It was very poor throughout the MH before we got the new pump. We had it replaced because the old pump was letting in air. Flow without the shower head isn't good either. I'm starting to think there must be a kink in the pipe somewhere. How would we find the pipe leading to the shower or is it a workshop job?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Mags

We had the same problem as you ok pressure at sink but no good at shower so we changed the pump thinking thats what it was. New pump was just the same then someone suggested swaping the wires around as it was a german pump and maybe reversed polarity. We did this and shower works fine so even the first pump was wired wrong and to make it even better we have a different shower head we use when showering as found the one in motorhome wasnt great.

Hope this helps and makes sense

Gerry

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Be very carefull when trying to increase the pressure on your mh or caravan plumbing system.
The pipework is designed to operate at a given pressure. Any increase in this pressure may result in a busrt pipe. The smallest leak in a hidden pipe can cause you more trouble than enough.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil_Mart

Free Member
Sep 24, 2010
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
1 month
Hi,
First question, do you have the model number correct, only on searching Flojets site I cant find any mention of a FloJet 'Triplex Diaphragm' R3426-500.

Here's their data sheet: http://www.ittflowcontrol.com/files/Triplex (81000-384).pdf

The thought does occur to me, is your pump definitely a 12 volt pump. Only ask this as they do both 12 and 24 volt pumps in that line. A 24 volt pump on 12volts would certainly give you the reduced performance you are experiencing :Blush:

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
It is a 12v pump for certain.
I'm confused about the idea of reversed polarity as it is a 12v system. I thought the polarity issue was on the mains. Or am I missing the point?
M

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back