Shower micro switch not working. (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I can get water to the shower by turning on another tap just enough to trigger the pump but the shower tap itself won't trigger it. I took it apart and all looks good with the switch but there was a 'nick' in the brown wire. Not broken just looked like it had got squashed. It looks as though it should work but it doesn't. I'm wondering it there is no power to it.

There isn't individual fuses to these tap micro switches are there? It's a Burstner - brand new. I will get the dealer to deal with it but was just wondering if there might be a simple fix and am interested in understanding how these things operate for the possibilities in the future.

The pic shows the wiring underneath the tap. The Brown and Black go to the micro switch in the tap. These seem to become pink and purple via a 'connector'. I cannot see any pink and purple wires amongst the wires near the water tank.

Would appreciate any knowledgeable comments about these systems and fault finding.
DSC04675.JPG

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Brand new, sorry I wouldn't have took anything apart, straight back to the dealer IMHO.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just short the two wires on the micro switch . If no water comes out, it’s not the switch.

Handy to have a cheap multimeter. You could check voltage and continuity and with a good set of test leads. Use them to short over the two tags on the switch.

don’t try shorting 240v though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There will be a connector by the tank with wires going into the tank to the submersible pump. On my Hymer the pump wires were Blue & Brown connecting to Pink & Green wires.

I got fed up with repairing the wiring in the taps and fitted a Shureflo pressure pump, it works so much better & will probably cost less than a trip to the dealer.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Brand new, sorry I wouldn't have took anything apart, straight back to the dealer IMHO.
Very simple to look - 4 hour round trip to return. Drilled loads of holes in it already for my motorscooter mounts and added air suspension so it's hardly untouched!

Just short the two wires on the micro switch . If no water comes out, it’s not the switch.

Handy to have a cheap multimeter. You could check voltage and continuity and with a good set of test leads. Use them to short over the two tags on the switch.

don’t try shorting 240v though

Did try using a multimeter - a little bid fiddly but I don't think it was showing any power.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Very simple to look - 4 hour round trip to return. Drilled loads of holes in it already for my motorscooter mounts and added air suspension so it's hardly untouched!

Did try using a multimeter - a little bid fiddly but I don't think it was showing any power.
You won't see any power across the wires, one will be a live feed the other will be the other side of the switch going back to the pump.
to check voltage you need one side of your meter connected to ground/neg then one wire will have 12v and the other one will have 12v when the tap is open. You can just check the continuity with the meter on ohms but turn the pump switch off first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
You won't see any power across the wires, one will be a live feed the other will be the other side of the switch going back to the pump.
to check voltage you need one side of your meter connected to ground/neg then one wire will have 12v and the other one will have 12v when the tap is open. You can just check the continuity with the meter on ohms but turn the pump switch off first.

Si0, just to be clear. One probe/clip on my multimeter to one of the black or brown leads on the microswitch and the other to a ground/negative wire? That could be difficult reaching something from in the shower. :unsure:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back