SHOWER HEAD (1 Viewer)

Feb 11, 2017
HALSTEAD ESSEX
Funster No
MH
ih VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2001
Thinking of changing the shower head in our ih van conversion, to an eco water saving one or something along those lines , has anyone had any experience of theses and do they work , make and price would be nice .

Jul 20, 2019
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur LVX855 A
Exp
Since 2001
We also use in van and at home. To stop the dripping in the van I disconnect head and give it a quick shake - only takes a moment.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We use one of these on both the motorhome and the house shower.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eco-Water...341491&hash=item4d485ac160:g:6OMAAOSwUuRZzmXq

1614881010855.png

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
We have a thin bored shower hose which means we get more pressure for less water
always drain the hose down and travel with the shower head on the floor of the shower

In the house we have a Eco shower head from Severn Trent Water as a freebie it works but is too soft for me I prefer a shower that can be adjusted (This can't)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
We have one of these at home and in the van.
It makes a lovely soft shower and saves water

<Broken link removed>
Same here, we have these too. Have found that you get hot water for longer when on holiday. It's a bit heavy but if you lie your shower head on the shower base when travelling that sorts any issues.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I also have one like the one above. I do find that it drips when travelling in the moho though.
Likewise Janine .

We like the savings and feel of the shower in use but we do get drips from the air Venturi hole when travelling. Knowing that we can buy a non-Venturi head to replace it, and the fact that we haven’t bothered, shows that it doesn’t create too much of a problem for us.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have one of these at home and in the van.
It makes a lovely soft shower and saves water

<Broken link removed>
Recently got one when the shower head at home broke. Gives a nice shower but the spread/beam is a bit narrow wish they did one with a bigger head.
What I said wouldn't be a problem with the way we use it in the van. Looking at getting for the van as since I fitted a more powerful pump the one in the van with a big square head wastes a lot of water.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Trigger operated shower for saving water. Turns off when not actually needed
But can be difficult to hold and control with soapy hands. Only leaves one hand free to wash with if trying, for instance, to rinse shampoo from hair.

We changed from a trigger head to a Venturi head for that reason.

Both types have advantages and disadvantages.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
We changed ours from a trigger to an Ecocamel Orbit Shower head, not cheap at around £40 but seems ok, gives the feeling of a larger shower head.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Have fitted the same one as shown in post #8. Works well and has the benefit of being able to reduce the rate of water flow by use of a lever on the shower heads that selects different flow patterns.

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
We have fitted an Ecocamel Jetstream Plus. A bit pricey but we like the adjustable jets and it gives a decent shower without excessive water consumption.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Unless the shower is on full flow the air mixing economy heads won't work even then it's debatable whether theres any difference they were designed for home use on high pressure systems.. We bought an ecocamel no better than an ordinary shower head.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Unless the shower is on full flow the air mixing economy heads won't work even then it's debatable whether theres any difference they were designed for home use on high pressure systems.. We bought an ecocamel no better than an ordinary shower head.
If there is insufficient water flow to entrain air via the Venturi then you will get water leaking from the Venturi hole during use. No water leaking from the hole during use means that air is being entrained into the water flow and, effectively, reducing water consumption.

We have no problem at all with our shower head on lowish flow rates. We do get a few drops of water, initially, from the Venturi hole when the supply is turned off.

I think, though I am not certain, that there is a difference in design between the shower heads designed for motorhomes and those for home use where water pressure can be higher. Using a domestic head in the motorhome could give the symptoms that you describe.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If there is insufficient water flow to entrain air via the Venturi then you will get water leaking from the Venturi hole during use. No water leaking from the hole during use means that air is being entrained into the water flow and, effectively, reducing water consumption.

We have no problem at all with our shower head on lowish flow rates. We do get a few drops of water, initially, from the Venturi hole when the supply is turned off.

I think, though I am not certain, that there is a difference in design between the shower heads designed for motorhomes and those for home use where water pressure can be higher. Using a domestic head in the motorhome could give the symptoms that you describe.
I bought one for home use and one for the MH at their stand at the nec a few years ago. Their rep was quite honest in saying they were designed for use in showers in housing to reduce water use but had become popular in motorhomes etc but didn't actually work that well on low flow rates but we thought we'd try them anyway. When used in the house you can hear the air being sucked in through the Venturi and the water use reduction is noticeable but I suspect like most we use our MH shower like a ship's shower wet soap rinse and never usually on full flow I suspect that the venturi makes hardly any difference.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I bought one for home use and one for the MH at their stand at the nec a few years ago. Their rep was quite honest in saying they were designed for use in showers in housing to reduce water use but had become popular in motorhomes etc but didn't actually work that well on low flow rates but we thought we'd try them anyway. When used in the house you can hear the air being sucked in through the Venturi and the water use reduction is noticeable but I suspect like most we use our MH shower like a ship's shower wet soap rinse and never usually on full flow I suspect that the venturi makes hardly any difference.
Under the circumstances you describe you are almost certainly correct.

At least the salesman was honest with you at the time.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Under the circumstances you describe you are almost certainly correct.

At least the salesman was honest with you at the time.
True. But I suspect that most motorhome owners use the shower in a similar way. So back to the op question which water saving shower head to buy?. The answer needs a further question do you stand under the shower with it fully on much?. If the answer is hardly ever its not really worth getting an air mixing shower head. The one I keep thinking of getting is a fine spray one with a trigger so you can use it without altering the hot and cold mix.

OP
OP
GROMIT69
Feb 11, 2017
HALSTEAD ESSEX
Funster No
MH
ih VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks everyone for your prompt response, it seems that the ICONIC seems to be popular and work ok , so at £5-29 it's got to be worth a try

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back