Shower drain re-fitting (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2014
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann + Bischoff
Exp
since 2003
When removing the shower drain plug the entire metal assembly came out with it and attached to it by the central fixing screw came the base of the black plastic "cup". I have managed to get at the broken part and removed it and ordered a replacement but am unsure about if - and how - to seal the metal part to the tray. It had what appears to be something akin to polyfilla around it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks. Vic

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
it sounds like it was 'bodged' before to repair a broken tray ..

a picture would help to advise better

captainscarlett

Free Member
Apr 20, 2017
Norfolk/Europe
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
10 years
Generally you would not need anything as the fitting should come with a large rubber washer that seals from underneath, having said that i would/have used a small amount of bath sealant that works fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Would imagine you need access to bottom of shower tray to ensure watertight seal look at a normal sink or bath fitting would imagine it is same principal to ensure water tight seal.

Easy way is possibly to remove hose from underneath van see if you can get enough access and maybe open hole gently with caution with hole saw cutter to refit complete drain assembly then repair underneath with mastic or larger bit of hose and silicon.

Chances are you should remove shower tray and do it properly that could cause more problems though trying to ensure you reseal it again properly.

Personally i'd try from underneath if other option is shower tray removal

OP
OP
O
Jan 9, 2014
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann + Bischoff
Exp
since 2003
Many thanks for the various suggestions.

I have managed to fit the replacement trap - it was not easy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back