Shower corner unit removal - help please (1 Viewer)

Dec 7, 2009
Shropshire & Algarve
Funster No
MH
LP
Exp
2 yrs
We have a C tourer and the shower Tap needs replacing. As ever we were about to use it after lockdown. Cancelled holiday and hubby is an invalid so I’m responsible for hands on work. A local expert called and attempted to gain access to corner shower unit but said it was a major refit job. So as ever I am trying to see if I can dismantle the corner unit where tap is fitted in order we can get to hoses And replace tap. Know I have to take photos as I go - I’m very good at dismantling but need to follow diagrams to put back together
do I take whole shower screen out and plastic fascia the tap and hose is fitted to? Or do I dismantle shelves, cupboard, sink and possible mirror to get in sidewards? Rang two dealers and they can’t advise, never come across the problem and emailed Carthago but as yet silence!
all very well having a luxury vehicle but if maintenance is impossible - it’s scrap value only

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there are 2 ways to access such a tap, from the front by dismantling, or from behind if the manufacturer left an access hatch. Worst case, you could cut a hatch easier and cheaper than removing and potentially breaking the wall panels

OP
OP
MrsC
Dec 7, 2009
Shropshire & Algarve
Funster No
MH
LP
Exp
2 yrs
Thanx Big1. Yes think I’ll go for making the access hole where hoses connect to sink. This is above shelf in cupboard and currently big enough to feel hoses and connections but not manouvre. Maybe manufacturer thinks we have mini people to get into such places.
The worst of it being it’s the collar on tap that’s cracked and if I could source new tap I could cannabilise it. But even the tap itself is not available.
Can see this vehicle becoming a white elephant. Maybe there’s a lot in favour of cheap and cheerful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back