Shower Advice - Campscout and Globescout Plus (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That's pretty normal for most in my experience, not only do they want their cake, they then 'bake' it as much as they can to get the maximum 'rise', then eat it after slapping a load of pseudo icing and cherries on top.

I think you've nailed it there Mel (y) Nicky said "how about we just sell up" so that's an option at the moment.

At the end of the day we're only selling because I no longer trust the Summit range and without a warranty in situ I don't want to keep it - just too risky IMO.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we bought the Campscout we still had our FamilyScout which we sold privately to another funster, they got a nice funster discount thrown in and we were all happy with the price. We were fortunate to be able to do this but keeping them both on the drive was 'interesting'! In your position I'd be tempted to sell your Summit privately then go looking for a replacement, at present with the likelihood of people being able to holiday again from 12th April you're likely to get a very eager buyer and then can go about looking for a replacement although obviously if you go for a new one which you have to order you could have a long wait, so one that's in stock would be better in that regard, we've only ever ordered 2 new ones, others have been already in stock.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It took a while for my supplying dealer to get back to me Gerry but yesterday PM he did and as it transpired it was a shockingly low PX figure.
We sold ours privately and could have sold it 10 times over, we only mentioned it on here and stuck an advert on FB. It sold within the week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
When we bought the Campscout we still had our FamilyScout which we sold privately to another funster, they got a nice funster discount thrown in and we were all happy with the price. We were fortunate to be able to do this but keeping them both on the drive was 'interesting'! In your position I'd be tempted to sell your Summit privately then go looking for a replacement, at present with the likelihood of people being able to holiday again from 12th April you're likely to get a very eager buyer and then can go about looking for a replacement although obviously if you go for a new one which you have to order you could have a long wait, so one that's in stock would be better in that regard, we've only ever ordered 2 new ones, others have been already in stock.
I think that’s a good idea Mel. I’m not sure how many vans will be on the forecourt just now ... short supply I think so Nikki’s idea may be best, at least in the short term.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I've taken Gerry's advice and have started looking at the Knaus range. The 600 Lifetime XL appeals while it's completely different from anything we've seen before:

Screenshot_20210304-211531_Gallery.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've taken Gerry's advice and have started looking at the Knaus range. The 600 Lifetime XL appeals while it's completely different from anything we've seen before:

View attachment 470853
You really fancy one of the old Caraboats campers don't you! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back