Shower Advice - Campscout and Globescout Plus (1 Viewer)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi all,

Just wondering how you Campscout and Globescout Plus owners manage with the two shower configurations in your respective vans.

I'm particularly keen to hear from those of you who wild camp and have to shower in your van when it is parked on uneven surfaces, i.e. does this cause a problem when showering due to the shallow nature of the shower basin.

Pics below,

Thanks guys,

Andrew

Screenshot_20210223-184100_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210223-184317_Samsung Internet.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry, didn't see your original post, we had the centre shower cubicle and it was fantastic, nice and spacious and no risk of getting the rest of the washroom soggy and the only big of curtain was at the showerhead side so no 'clinging' at all which you may get with the smaller compartment one. As for draining, it wasn't an issue as we had 2 drain holes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Sorry, didn't see your original post, we had the centre shower cubicle and it was fantastic, nice and spacious and no risk of getting the rest of the washroom soggy and the only big of curtain was at the showerhead side so no 'clinging' at all which you may get with the smaller compartment one. As for draining, it wasn't an issue as we had 2 drain holes.

Thanks Mel, that's a great write-up and it sounds like a very acceptable showering solution for off-grid camping.

You're a star ;-)

Andrew

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Andrew,

We had the shower in the second photo also and never any issue with water draining away if parked uneven, the only issue we ever had was emptying the kitchen sink and the water came up the shower drain hole due to a blockage.

The shower was also very roomy even for me at a touch over 6ft and well built, it's probably one of the best showers we've had in our caravans or motorhomes. One tip I'd give you is varnish the underneath of the wooden part that lifts down to protect when putting back in place.

Are you buying a new Globecar?

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi Andrew. I don't use the shower very often (we take short trips and are happy to be smelly :rolleyes:) but agree with Minxy that shower in the CampScout works well. Our shower tray has 2 drains in opposite corners and so you would need an extreme angle and/or high water flow to ever have a problem. I've certainly not had a problem.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Andrew,

We had the shower in the second photo also and never any issue with water draining away if parked uneven, the only issue we ever had was emptying the kitchen sink and the water came up the shower drain hole due to a blockage.

The shower was also very roomy even for me at a touch over 6ft and well built, it's probably one of the best showers we've had in our caravans or motorhomes. One tip I'd give you is varnish the underneath of the wooden part that lifts down to protect when putting back in place.

Thanks Gerry, some really good points there sir. I like the tip about the varnishing of the underside - that makes perfect sense.

We're still waiting on a call back for the PX of our Summit so I'll see how the finances stack but in theory a new Globecar from the D-Line stables would be a good move for us.

I've also taken quite a shine to the latest 2021 Dreamer vans by Rapido but the likelihood of seeing one any time soon is slim.

Many thanks for the post-up.

All the best,

Andrew

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Gerry, some really good points there sir. I like the tip about the varnishing of the underside - that makes perfect sense.

We're still waiting on a call back for the PX of our Summit so I'll see how the finances stack but in theory a new Globecar from the D-Line stables would be a good move for us.

I've also taken quite a shine to the latest 2021 Dreamer vans by Rapido but the likelihood of seeing one any time soon is slim.

Many thanks for the post-up.

All the best,

Andrew
Have you had a look at the Knaus Boxster it’s getting good reviews, we had a look in one when we bought our new van last year and thought it was very well made.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew. I don't use the shower very often (we take short trips and are happy to be smelly :rolleyes:) but agree with Minxy that shower in the CampScout works well. Our shower tray has 2 drains in opposite corners and so you would need an extreme angle and/or high water flow to ever have a problem. I've certainly not had a problem.
Brilliant feedback Sue so the Campscout looks to be a winner in the showering department. It also looks as if you get a bit more potty space with that style of bathroom combo:giggle:

I would be interested to hear if anyone has used the Globescout set-up as per the first pic. That looks to be an entirely different beast.

Thanks again,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Have you had a look at the Knaus Boxster it’s getting good reviews, we had a look in one when we bought our new van last year and thought it was very well made.

I'll take a look at them Gerry so thanks for the suggestion. That said, It'll be nice when we get the chance to view in person instead of Googling everything.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'll take a look at them Gerry so thanks for the suggestion. That said, It'll be nice when we get the chance to view in person instead of Googling everything.
You hear so many people saying they’ve purchased a new van without seeing it, that worries me as some folk will be disappointed when it’s to late to do anything about it.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
You hear so many people saying they’ve purchased a new van without seeing it, that worries me as some folk will be disappointed when it’s to late to do anything about it.

I don't buy new socks with our seeing them first so there's two hopes of me buying a van without seeing it first. I agree, that could potentially be a huge mistake.

Some good news on the shower points above though.
:happy:

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Our revolution has the centre shower, we don’t use it much but it drains just fine. When there only 2 of us it’s more practical than we we travel as a four. We can’t let the grey water fill more than 3/4 or it comes up through the shower,
The fresh water tank is 100L

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Our revolution has the centre shower, we don’t use it much but it drains just fine. When there only 2 of us it’s more practical than we we travel as a four. We can’t let the grey water fill more than 3/4 or it comes up through the shower,

That's a very useful point to know regarding the grey tank. Also, the water tank is 20 litres more in your Globie than the Summit so that's a big bonus for off-grid camping.

Much appreciated,

Andrew

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Regarding the shower tray cover, as well as varnishing the underside put some stick on foam strip around the underside edges so that it can't 'rub' on the base and scratch it if you get a bit of grit under it, something like draught proofing stick on foam would do.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Regarding the shower tray cover, as well as varnishing the underside put some stick on foam strip around the underside edges so that it can't 'rub' on the base and scratch it if you get a bit of grit under it, something like draught proofing stick on foam would do.

Now we're cruising with all of this tip-top advice.

That's a great point Mel ;-)

A big well done to the Groovy Gang!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Now we're cruising with all of this tip-top advice.

That's a great point Mel ;-)

A big well done to the Groovy Gang!
Other thoughts .. the foam will stop muck getting into the shower tray at the edges too but you also need to make a plug/cap of some sort for the hole where you stick your finger to lift the cover as it's amazing how much dust/crap gets in through that so you end up having to sweep the tray out before you can shower - a good tip is to brush the top of the cover BEFORE removing it too so you don't accidentally drop any thing in the tray off it.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Andrew, I find the centre shower really useful - it’s roomy enough to shower although Tim, at 6’3” can hit his head as ceiling is lower. It’s also a brilliant divider to create 2 separate rooms.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Other thoughts .. the foam will stop muck getting into the shower tray at the edges too but you also need to make a plug/cap of some sort for the hole where you stick your finger to lift the cover as it's amazing how much dust/crap gets in through that so you end up having to sweep the tray out before you can shower - a good tip is to brush the top of the cover BEFORE removing it too so you don't accidentally drop any thing in the tray off it.
.....We have a pooch so that was a concern of mine by which you've just cleared up for me.

Cheers Mel ;-)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Andrew, I find the centre shower really useful - it’s roomy enough to shower although Tim, at 6’3” can hit his head as ceiling is lower. It’s also a brilliant divider to create 2 separate rooms.

Nice to know about the height-thing Liz.

Also, the divider would be very useful as Nicky would sometimes like a bit more privacy than what she has currently.

:cool:

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Re the tank gray water we have a couple of plugs same as the sink ones that fit in the shower tray
We always try and empty when ever there is a suitable dump point
With the standard tank outlet in the middle some dump points are not great
I know some folk have added a bit extra pipe to take it to the side

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
.....We have a pooch so that was a concern of mine by which you've just cleared up for me.

Cheers Mel ;-)
Dog fluff ... gets everywhere! :giggle:

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Re the tank gray water we have a couple of plugs same as the sink ones that fit in the shower tray
We always try and empty when ever there is a suitable dump point
With the standard tank outlet in the middle some dump points are not great
I know some folk have added a bit extra pipe to take it to the side
After spending a long time trying to find plugs to fit the shower outlets, they are a funny size, I found the plugs that came with the van when we bought it! It only took me two years to realise that we had them from new! We haven’t done anything extra to the tray cover and haven’t had any damage to the shower tray and that’s with four of us in the van along with dogs. The floor gets a real mess after a day out mountain biking or walking in the mountains but a quick sweep out and it’s fine.
The centre shower does give some privacy, great when the kids go to bed earlier than us or as I get up much earlier than my wife and kids. It also stops the dog trying to sneak up on the bed during the night.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

It took a while for my supplying dealer to get back to me Gerry but yesterday PM he did and as it transpired it was a shockingly low PX figure.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It took a while for my supplying dealer to get back to me Gerry but yesterday PM he did and as it transpired it was a shockingly low PX figure.
That's pretty normal for most in my experience, not only do they want their cake, they then 'bake' it as much as they can to get the maximum 'rise', then eat it after slapping a load of pseudo icing and cherries on top.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back