LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
The front is for a summer house for Pat and the tarts handbag with Triumph is at the rear Steve.
By the way I’ve learned the knack of kicking the Triumph up first kick no more aching thighs and it runs beautifully just got to get the impressed concrete drive painted next then hopefully I will take it out for a good run.

John.
You will have to nip over here on it now you can start it 👍

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
This is how my garage looks today as I’ve done a load of work on my Bonnie.

John.

082DEEA3-3EBD-4D04-A0B7-7D910DB2DAEB.jpeg

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Ah. A Meridan Co-op Bonnie. Very nice. Had it long?

I bought one of the ‘lock in’ 500 Daytona’s in ‘75. Sadly, I had to sell it a couple of years later when child no2 came along. I didn’t get another bike until Bloor’s Triumph Bonnie was launched in 2000. Mine arrived in Feb 2001. I still have it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Ah. A Meridan Co-op Bonnie. Very nice. Had it long?

I bought one of the ‘lock in’ 500 Daytona’s in ‘75. Sadly, I had to sell it a couple of years later when child no2 came along. I didn’t get another bike until Bloor’s Triumph Bonnie was launched in 2000. Mine arrived in Feb 2001. I still have it.
Hi Peppadog I haven’t had it long I stopped biking 10 years ago when I sold my Triumph Rocket 3 and in
February this year I revamped my garage.
At the age of 71 I decided to by a British Classic and bought the Bonnie an American import which I had to register with DVLA I enjoyed it that much in July I bought the 2002 Triumph Thunderbird 900 which is also a lovely bike.
The Bonnie as only 5180miles on the clock but I don’t know if it’s genuine, The Tbird as a only done 7100 genuine miles a it’s like new.
John.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
So thats why your Bonnie looks so similar to my old Daytona. Its American spec, with the wider bars and smaller tank. About 250 Daytona’s, one of which I bought, that were locked in during the workers sit in, were also American export spec. I don’t know how many Bonneville’s were locked in.

Once the, then, labour government helped those workers to form the countries first workers cooperative, the Meridan factory only produced bonnie’s. Yours could be an early production bike from that, or just as easily be one of the lock in bikes.

Whichever, you have a pretty rare model there I think John.

I recently turned 70. So I bought an electric (125 equivalent) scooter to carry on the back of my motorcaravan. The bonnie’s to heavy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

First motorhome

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2013
North East England
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good evening,
Some great garages there gents, I’m not going to photograph mine until it’s had a real tidy up. I’ve been building a Cobra replica for the last 10 years. Hope there will still be petrol available when I eventually finish it. Is anyone thinking of selling their lathes, I’m looking for a Boxford/Myford super seven sized single phase.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back