Should we go to Ireland next year? (1 Viewer)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think someone mentioned here that Ireland isn’t dog friendly... is that the case? Our dog goes everywhere with us and I’m hoping he’d be able to run free on the beaches and in the countryside (we’ll be visiting March and April time).
Can anyone advise please?
Never had any problems with our Westie, obviously usual things like on lead and pick up poo etc. Occasional no dogs signs but no worse than anywhere else. Enjoy.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Never had any problems with our Westie, obviously usual things like on lead and pick up poo etc. Occasional no dogs signs but no worse than anywhere else. Enjoy.
Any trouble going into pubs /cafes?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Love Ireland and the people are so friendly but don’t find it the most dog friendly country and don’t even think about asking to take your pet into a pub!
We have only done south coast and west of Cork peninsula up as far as Dingle stunning scenery good spots to stop over, sites and wild . We were there at a half term one time and noticed an absence of dogs on beaches and some children were staying clear of our friendly collie, as you do get sometimes but more so, as though they had not experienced contact with dogs ,I did see some ladies with dogs on leads and asked why not many dogs to which they said most Irish have their dogs as ‘yard dogs’ only. Would still go again for scenery and people, lovely.
Also would be interested if others have had same experience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back