Should I wax this - Ducato Grille surround (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Do any of you have a similar "Metallic finish" surround to your Ducato Grilles? (It's actually a bit paler than the picture shows.)

I'm about to embark on a good clean and wax exercise for the van, but as this appears Matte at present, I am not sure whether to wax it or not.
What do you do?
WP_20170403_002.jpg

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
With respect Autoglym bumper care is not designed for the finish in question.

Yes wax it it will be just fine. Never though polish that silver finish which I believe is semi mat...

Wax has zero cutting ability so is safe. Any product with cutting ability is not recommended in fact avoid at all costs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
With respect Autoglym bumper care is not designed for the finish in question.

Yes wax it it will be just fine. Never though polish that silver finish which I believe is semi mat...

Wax has zero cutting ability so is safe. Any product with cutting ability is not recommended in fact avoid at all costs.
Does the same apply with decals on a van Charlie, ok to wax but not polish
Thks

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan

Thanks @Charlie - I seem to have learnt something by reading a lot of your posts! A couple of years ago, I didn't know the difference between Polish and Wax. I thought wax was the right product, but it's good to have confirmation.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back