Should I tell Aviva that two f***ers have just stolen the catalytic converter off my 20 year old MX5? (1 Viewer)

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Got rid of a Netgear because of poor Wifi performance now using a TP Link and get a good signal all around the house, disabled 5G as it no like walls.

Yep a mind of their own, thinking of a tactful way of asking daughter to return it.
Hard wired devices are always more reliable if you can get the cable to them

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hard wired devices are always more reliable if you can get the cable to them
Yep I have a CAT5E network around the house but Ring doorbells are Wifi only, they don't even work on the local network all goes via their server thats why the response is so slow.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yep I have a CAT5E network around the house but Ring doorbells are Wifi only, they don't even work on the local network all goes via their server thats why the response is so slow.
My ring door bell works fine and no real issues occasionally there is a delay between the bell being pressed and my phone ringing but I suspect that’s the overall network. But understand these Wi-fi devices are not for all maybe you could use a up hard wired door bell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
No don’t tell them. You are not claiming and all you would achieve is to tell them the risk has gone up in your area,which you are not obliged to do.
No don't , as they will count it as a claim and every policy you have will go through the roof because of you being a bad risk and I mean go up even though they would not pay, because of excess amount.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hard to say this but it is a very popular crime in some areas. There has been some publicity lately about insurance companies writing cars off due to the age. I would get it replaced and there are some strategies like smart water and stuff to explore. There have also been some cases of the the same vehicle being targeted twice :mad: Maybe consider a movement alarm cheap to fit but noise is he deterrent. As for the dog keeping quiet maybe he is quite sensible, confronting these people is not a great idea.
Good luck with the replacement

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would be tempted to make my own version of a CAT lock with razor wire wrapped round it to shred the bastards trying to steal it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back