OP
two

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Flahavans Irish Organic Jumbo Oats,1 cup of oats to 2.5 cup of milk/water cook in a pan for 5mins add greek yoghurt and blueberrys serves 2 people.yummy
That does sound good, the Greek yoghurt in particular. I recall Flahavan's as being worth picking out, when you can find them.
Does Greek yoghurt have to come from Greece? Or does it describe a process? Same applies to Greek honey.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
That does sound good, the Greek yoghurt in particular. I recall Flahavan's as being worth picking out, when you can find them.
Does Greek yoghurt have to come from Greece? Or does it describe a process? Same applies to Greek honey.
I get my Flahavans Organic Jumbo oats in local Sainsbury
Flahavans pre dates the Original Scotts

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Greek yogurt is strained to make it thicker. But to be called Greek yogurt in the U.K., it has to have been made in Greece, otherwise it’s “Greek style” yogurt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
two

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Greek yogurt is strained to make it thicker. But to be called Greek yogurt in the U.K., it has to have been made in Greece, otherwise it’s “Greek style” yogurt.
I thought as much. It seems crazy to ship it all the way here, but the 'proper' stuff does taste better than the "style". Are we unable to strain, or do they have different cows, I wonder?
I think it may be similar with Greek honey.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I thought as much. It seems crazy to ship it all the way here, but the 'proper' stuff does taste better than the "style". Are we unable to strain, or do they have different cows, I wonder?
I think it may be similar with Greek honey.
I didnt know Bees had passports :)

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
I was presented with a spurtle by a very satisfied guest, she said she loved my porridge...ahem !

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
40g rolled porridge oats (gluten-free are best)
250 mg water
pinch salt

Put in a pan and leave to soak overnight.

Heat until it "gloops", stirring with wooden spoon.

Serve with cream or milk and sugar or honey to taste. Fruit etc if you must.
Perfect except for the sugar and honey !! No self respecting Scot would have anything but salt and ice cold milk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back