Should I buy the Marquis Majestic 150 or 250? any issues with either van? (1 Viewer)

Lois

Free Member
Jul 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Still looking to buy
Hi, I'm looking at buying a new motor home, having loved travelling for a month in New Zealand with one. I'm drawn to the Marquis Majestic range and wondered if anyone had thoughts on any issues with the 150 or 250 model? Would love to hear what other users experiences have been with these models.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sorry, I’m an Auto-Trail lover but welcome and someone will be along shortly to give you some details I’m sure.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Marquis after sales support is very patchy to put it mildly. Look at the review in the Reviews section.

Probably very little wrong with the vans but I wouldn't touch Marquis with a bargepole. Once bitten as they say.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
:welcome4:

Had a 155 from new a few years ago..... suited us down to the ground.... but the wife did not like the French bed layout...

And the only problem we had was a dodgy habitation door lock, which they sent a new one and I fitted..
And a small leak by the boiler from a water pipe.... nipped up clip and cured that problem...

BUT.......... and it`s a big but.... unfortunately the guy I sold it to after a good few months found it had a bad water ingress problem that spread across the floor and up a wall... :crying1: and have since found out it was a common fault...

Maybe they have got their act together and sorted this problem now...

Good luck, what ever you choose... (y)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My understanding was that Elddis haven't previously had the best reputation. A fair number of issues with water ingress and their vans often have after sales niggles. But their layouts and decor are popular with the UK market and there are a lot of dedicated fans. They were taken over by the Hymer group a couple of years ago. No idea whether it has made an impact on their designs or quality yet?

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Is it a dealer special Range that could be charging for extras that might not be needed or suited to what is needed ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We have had our Elddis Autoquest 175 for 4 years now and🤞we have not had problems to speak of.
The only things that have packed up was was a relay unit, but that was Italian electronics rather than Elddis and a return spring in the bathroom door handle broke.
Still as dry as a bone, even though I have put a few hole through the roof and floor for various bits and bobs I have fitted.

Edit : Forgot that the mounting bracket that the Thule electric step is bolted on, broke, and that was Elddis not accounting for my 17 and a half stone carcass going in and out of our van. :giggle:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Family Matters Hello GIF

Apr 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Whatever you do don't buy from Marquis. After sales is pathetic and issues just kicked into long grass in hope you will go away. No opportunity to escalate beyond local branch. Steer well clear!!

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Im waiting on a new blind on my chausson it is now 13 months and i dont even have that camper anymore

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
They are Elddis vans, branded Marquis. I suggest that you do your research and make your own decision after bearing others’ experiences in mind. It’s certainly worth keeping an open mind and viewing as many different makes as possible, as you may find something that fits your checklist well.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Marquis after sales support is very patchy to put it mildly. Look at the review in the Reviews section.

Probably very little wrong with the vans but I wouldn't touch Marquis with a bargepole. Once bitten as they say.
What they do customer service and after sales, just thought they sold and ran

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Hi, and welcome from The Cotswolds!
We have had two Marquis ‘vans from new - a 120 and our current 155 (bought for the fixed bed).
Any issues that we had with the 120 were sorted by Marquis/Elddis, and our current 155, a 19 plate, has not given us any problems to speak of…but also hasn’t been used that much due to COVID! ;)
What has been said about the variation in Marquis branches is (probably) true, but we’ve only ever used the Ipswich and Tewkesbury ones, both of which were pretty much on the ball. The ‘added-extras’ installed (solar, etc) were worth having as far as we were concerned…..but each to his own! Visit a couple of branches and see what you think.:unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back