Shotgun security in motorhome (1 Viewer)

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
As an ex-shooter I seriously doubt that it is possible if you wish you remain within the regs as I remember them.
Short of bolting the gun safe to the chassis ? I can't think of any other way.
OK it's getting on a bit on a Saturday evening and maybe a little sherbet is dulling the grey cells so interested to see what others come up with.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
you can get a large safe fitted but best to check with police as to what meets current requirements

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I suppose you could get a gun safe fitted, but if its anything like the one at home, you will be over weight.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
My understanding is that the firearm needs to be stored in an approved firearms cabinet, that's bolted directly to the chassis.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
You can get single or two gun safes which can be bolted down quite easily and not add too much to the weight.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Not sure about your local Plod, but up here in Norfolk so long as you take reasonable precautions during transportation no safe is required in a vehicle.
Generally, keep it out of sight, only leave it unattended for a good reason, have the vehicle locked and alarmed (if fitted) and, if possible remove a vital part of the firearm.
If I know I have to leave the vehicle, I always take the bolt, or even complete lower receiver , with me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
OH's gun cabinet is bolted to a bearing wall and was inspected by the firearms cops. So how that could be replacated in a motorhome beats me. Unless like in the car its in its case in the trunk.

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
I would think the first rule would be 'Don't post anything about owning a shotgun on any website".
B.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I would think the first rule would be 'Don't post anything about owning a shotgun on any website".
B.

Where do you draw the line ? Don’ t post you have children/grand kids, or enquiries about tv reception cos you’ve just bought a 68”plasma ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back